Nowadays, Blue screen of death has become the most common windows PC error. In order to fix it, Experts suggest you to analyze small minidump files and find out the problematic drivers. Then fix your problem. I know, It is quite confusing. Because, You don’t know how to do it or they don’t provide any clear instructions. Though the process is very much easy. I’ve already described how to configure and create small minidump file in an another article. I’ve also gave you instructions to read that dump file. But, Here you will know how you can use these files to resolve your problem.
Analyze Minidump and Find Problematic Drivers and Services:
It is very easy to find which drivers’ conflicts cause the BSOD error. When you open your small minidump file in BlueScreen Viewer, It will clearly indicate these drivers name. You will see the BSOD errors list you have faced. Just click on any. Then the small program will highlight the culprit driver and service names like the screenshot.
As you are not an expert, You may be confused what that .sys and .exe files indicate. But there is way to find it.
Find Out the Driver Name Related to the .sys File:
Okay, This is very easy. Here are the instructions to follow –
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\
- Here you will see all .sys files. Then, Find the .sys file you have seen in BlueScreen Viewer.
- Now, Right click on that file and choose Properties.
- Now, Open Details tab. You will see the detailed information about it. For example: I was looking for bcmwl63a.sys. In details tab, I saw Broadcom WiFi driver wireless driver in file description.
- It clearly indicates that there is something wrong with my wifi driver. So, This is the culprit.
In system32 folder, You will find the .exe files. You can get details of it like .sys. If you don’t understand anything about the .sys and .exe files, You can search on google.
Fix Blue Screen of Death:
Well this is very easy. Just update or rollback your culprit drivers. If it doesn’t work, Just uninstall it and see what happens. To do it –
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Now, Find and right click on the driver.
- Select Update driver software and follow the onscreen instructions.
Sometimes, You may need more methods to follow. In that case, You can search on out site to get more BSOD solutions. I hope, This article will help you and make easier to fix any BSOD problems. Please, Let me know if it helps you and also suggest me anything better you know.