When using an Apple device, may it be Mac, iPhone or iPad, you’ll definitely enjoy many of their features! They have a ton of apps and widgets to take advantage of. Not only that, but you’re also able to access the Internet with it, using their official browser, Safari. But when using the Internet, there are websites you wouldn’t want to visit. This may be for the protection of your children, or to stop yourself from visiting certain profiles and social media websites, blogs when at work. So we show you the way to block any websites in Safari browser for Macbooks, iPhones and iPads!
How to Block Any Websites in Safari Browser for Macbooks
If you are using a Macbook, here is how you can restricted a website from being appeared in the Safari browser:
- Go to System Preferences and open up Parental Controls (You can search it up on Spotlight)
- Click on the lock button, inputting your password when prompted.
- Select the account to block, then go to Web.
- If you would like to block all the adult sites (focusing on porn and sites for those of 21 years and above), select “Try to limit access to adult websites automatically“. If not, move on to the next step.
- Click Customize and then the + icon. Add the links you would like block under the window named “Never allow these websites“.
- If you would like to study or work and block all sites except for “useful” ones, then you can choose to block all websites but the ones you input on under the “Always allow these websites” window.
You can choose to tweak the websites, adding or removing them when needed.
How to Block Any Websites in Safari Browser for iPhones and iPads
If you are using an iPhone or and iPad, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and choose General.
- Scroll down and choose Restrictions, inputting your password when prompted.
- Choose Websites and then Limit Adult Content. Choose “Add a Website” under the “Never Allow” section.
- Type in the site address you would like to block. Press Done when you have put all the links you wanted to block.
You can choose to delete the links you blocked by swiping left. You can also add sites you can ONLY allow or access. Type the web address you want to add under Specific Websites Only.
With Apple, you can connect yourself to the Internet anytime and anywhere. It’s fast and what makes it a plus when using Apple devices! Their official Internet browser, Safari, has a lot of cool features you are able to reap. Now, you will be able to block any websites to keep you from being distracted. It can also help to protect your phone or other people from visiting certain sites. Hopefully, this step-by-step guide on how to block any websites in Safari browser for Macbooks, iPhones and iPads helped you!
Did you enjoy the article or have any other suggestion on it? Then comment down below! We would love to hear what you have to think about the article.