How to Boot Into Safe Mode in Windows 10September 30, 2019
- Go to Update & security > Recovery from settings menu. Now click on restart from Advance Startup. It will restart your PC in recovery mode.
- After restarting your PC, you will see three options. These are Continue, Troubleshoot, and Turn off your PC. That means you are in recovery mode now. Click on Troubleshoot.
- Now you will see there are two options. One is Reset this PC and another one is Advanced Options. Click one Advanced Options.
- In Advanced Options window, you will see there are a few options available such as System Restore, System Image Recovery, Command Prompt, Startup Repair, Startup Settings, and Go back to the previous build. Click on Startup Settings to change windows startup behaviors.
- Now click on Restart in startup settings. Your PC will restart now.
- After restarting your PC, you will see a light blue screen of startup settings menu. You can choose your options by using your keyboard number buttons or function keys. For example: To startup your PC in safe mode, press F4 or 4 from your keyboard. For safe mode with networking, press F5 or 5. For safe mode with command prompt, press F6 or 6. You can also boot your PC in normal mode by pressing enter.
- Press Windows Logo+R from you Keyboard.
- Type MSCONFIG and Press Enter.
- Select Boot tab.
- Then check Safe Boot.
- Then click on OK and Apply.
- Restart your PC
- Click on Power Icon in lock screen.
- Press+Hold Shift and click on Restart.
- Then you will see a new blue screen with some option.
- Go to Troubleshot > Advanced Options.
- Then click on Start Up Settings and Restart.
- Insert your Bootable Pendrive or DVD into your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- You may be asked to Press Any Key to Continue. Just press any of the button of your keyboard.
- Now windows setup box will be appeared. Click Next.
- Now click on Repair your Computer.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
- Now click on Startup Settings and restart your PC.
- After restarting your PC, You will see the advanced boot menu.
- Now select Safe Mode and press Enter.
Sometimes you really need to boot your PC into safe mode. In windows 8, 8.1, it’s a little bit tough. But in windows 10, booting into safe mode is quite easy. Some times you may face any blue screen error in your windows. Safe mode is important to fix blue screen error. So you need to know this trick to enable safe mode in windows 10.
How to Boot Into Safe Mode in Windows 10:
To boot into safe mode in windows 10, follow the steps below-
Alternative Methods to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10:
You also can boot into safe mode in windows 10 by following other methods. These are-
To do it-
2. Enabling Legacy Advanced Boot Menu:
You also can boot into safe mode in windows 10 by the common method. That is F8 key method. But it may not work for all modern PC. To learn more, Read this article: Enable Legacy Advanced Boot Menu
3. Shift+Restart Method:
This is also a very easy method to boot into safe mode in Windows 10. From Power in Start Menu, Click on Restart by pressing Shift from your Keyboard. Else everything is like the first method. You can also do it from your lock screen. To do it –
4. Bootable Media Method:
Sometimes, You may be restricted to access your PC by any of a windows errors. Most of the cases, It can be a blue screen of death error. In that case, You can use your bootable windows media to boot into safe mode. Let’s know how to do it –
Sometimes, You may not be asked to press any key to continue. In that case, You have to select the first boot source manually. You can do this from your BIOS menu or by Pressing F8 during computer power up.
By following these ways you can easily boot into safe mode in windows 10. Hopefully, this article will help you. This has been tasted in Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10166.