Sometimes, You may need to change DNS addresses on your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad or iPod. It is effortless to do. But, Many people don’t know how to do it. Especially, Most people have no idea on how to change DNS on iPhone for cellular data. By the way, This article is for the people who want know the ways to do it.
How to Change DNS on iPhone/iPad/iPod for WiFi and Cellular
Average users don’t need to change any settings related to the DNS. But, Some users do. Here are the methods you can follow.
1. Change DNS for WiFi
Changing domain name server addresses for WiFi is very easy. To do it, you will need to follow these steps.
- First of all, Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Then, Go to WiFi, Turn it on and connect to a zone.
- Now, Tap on the exclamatory sign next to the Wi-Fi zone name. It will lead you to a new setting page where you will find many options.
- Just find Configure DNS and tap on it.
- Set it to Manual and delete any existing server addresses. You can tap on the red minus sign and then tap on Delete button.
- Now, Tap on Add Server and set your preferred DNS.
- Then, Tap on Save.
You are done. From now, your iOS device will be using the new DNS. You can disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi to take effect.
2. Change DNS Server Address for Cellular
Changing it for WiFi is very simple. When it comes Cellular, you have no way except third-party apps. There are apps in the app store that can override DNS on iPhone. Unfortunately, You may need to purchase to unlock this feature. I have not found any free way to change DNS for cellular on iPhone.
Anyway, You can use an app called DNS Override. You can download it from the app store. After installing, just open it. You will find the most popular DNS addresses. You also can add any domain name server addresses manually. But, When you want to use any DNS addresses, you need the override feature. To get it, you will need to pay a onetime amount $1.99.
So, These are the ways to change DNS on iPhone or any other iOS devices. Hopefully, This article will help you.