Millions of peoples are using windows 10. In this version, One of the unique features is Cortana. It is your virtual assistant. Actually, This is a virtual girl. She always helps you to make your windows 10 experience more easily. This is also available in windows 10 mobile, android and iOS devices. It uses bing as search engine. Whatever you search, Cortana will show you the result from Bing using Microsoft Edge browser. But, You can change it to google, If you want. Forcing her to use google instead of bing is not a complex process. You can do it very easily.
In this article, I’ll explain how to do it. By following my instructions, You also can set Yahoo & DuckDuckGo as Bing alternative for Cortana.
How to Force Cortana to use Google instead of Bing in Your PC:
Changing cortana’s default search engine is very easy task. It was not simple in paste. However, There are two major steps to follow to force cortana to change its default search engine to google instead of bing.
1. Make Cortana to Use Google Chrome Instead of Edge
At first, You will have to make cortana to use google chrome instead of bing. Then, You will be able to change its search engine.
There is a third-party open source tool called EdgeDeflector which can make cortana to search on google chrome. At first you will need this tool installed in your PC. You can download it from github. Then, Follow these instructions.
- After installing EdgeDeflector, Type anything in Cortana search box and hit Enter.
- Then, You will be asked to choose a default app to open this kind of links. Choose EdgeDeflector and don’t forget to tick on always use this app.
- Now, Press Win + I from keyboard.
- Now click on System.
- From the sidebar, Click on Default Apps.
- Scroll down and find the Web Browser section.
- Now, Set Google Chrome as your default browser.
2. Using Chrometana to Force Cortana to Use Google:
After completing first step, You have to install an extension in chrome. That is Chrometana. After installing it, You will be asked to choose a search engine. Select Google from the list. You also can choose Yahoo & DuckDuckGo. If you want to change it in the future, You can to here: Settings > Extensions > Chrometana > Options. You also can paste chrome-extension://kaicbfmipfpfpjmlbpejaoaflfdnabnc/html/options.html and hit enter to go to that page directly.
Now, You can search on cortana and see the result from Google instead of bing.
If you ever feel to get back your previous stage, You can undo the changes that you have made.