When creating a Google account, may it be a Gmail or Play Store account, you will automatically have Google + as well. A profile that will get you into a whole new community to share interests and find other things you may like, it’s a great way to interact with others and explore what else is trending based on the sites you usually visit. But what if you would like to delete your Google + account?
Sometimes, people would rather do without a Google + profile, wanting to keep their accounts private or to rid themselves of notifications popping up their other Google accounts without even using it at all. Some would think it a waste of an account and would rather use other social media networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter. So how does one delete their Google + profile?
How to Delete Google Plus Account Permanently:
Fortunately, there is a way you can delete your Google + account without deleting your other accounts such as Gmail or Youtube. Here is a step by step guide on how to delete your Google + account:
1. Log in your Google + account
2. On the right corner of the screen, click on your profile photo and select “My Account”, which will direct you to settings.
3. Go to Account Preferences, then click on Delete your account or services
4. You will have two choices here: Delete products or to Delete Google account and data. Select Delete products, as choosing the latter will have you deleting your entire Google account.
5. Re-enter your password when prompted, and you will be directed to a page where you can choose the accounts to delete, which would either be Youtube, Gmail, or Google +.
6. Click the trash button by Google + (And the other accounts, if you wish!), and you’re done!
Take note that when you delete your Google + account, there are things associated with Google + that will be erased, such as your comments, posts and comments from the website. But don’t worry, as your photos, contacts, and pages from your Google + account won’t be deleted, as well as your Youtube, Google Drive, and Gmail account. Actually, anything else related to your Google account such as adsense or analytics won’t be removed, just your Google + account alone. So don’t worry, you won’t be losing a lot!
Easy and simple to do, it won’t take but a few minutes of your time! Now you won’t have to be bothered with useless notifications and continue on with surfing the web your way.