How to Deactivate Truecaller Account and Remove Your NumberOctober 3, 2018
- First of all, Visit Unlist Page.
- There you will see a box where you will have to type your phone/cell number with country code. For example, My cell number is 1799999999. So, I will have to type +8801799999999 as +880 is my country dial code.
- After that complete the captcha verification and click on Unlist Phone Number.
- At first, Open truecaller app from your smartphone.
- Now, Navigate to Settings > About Truecaller.
- Then, Tap on Deactivate Account.
- This time, You will be asked “Do you want to deactivate your account? All the settings and information will be deleted.” Just tap on Yes.
If you want to remove your number from truecaller, You may need to delete your account first. Unfortunately, There is no direct option to delete truecaller account. You only can deactivate truecaller account which will delete settings and information of your account. In this article, You will know how to do these things.
Truecaller is a service that can show who is calling you before you pick a call from unknown number. Else, It helps to block calls and SMS from spammers and aggressive marketers. Many people like this service. But, Some people don’t like it as they think truecaller is a privacy risk. So, They may be likely to hide or delete their information like name and cell number from truecaller.
How to Remove Your Number from Truecaller:
If you want truecaller won’t show your number and information to anyone, You can unlist your cell number. It will make sure that your information safe. To do it, follow these steps:
After doing it, Your number won’t be searchable in truecaller. However, This process may fail to remove your number, if you already have an active truecaller account. In that case, You will have to deactivate it and then repeat the above process.
How to Deactivate Truecaller Account:
If you feel that truecaller is a privacy threat and you don’t want to use it anymore, You can deactivate your account. It will help to protect your information. To do it, You will have to follow these instructions.
But, Don’t forget to remove your number from truecaller. It will make sure you are safe. However, If you ever want to use your account again, You will need to reverify your cell number again.
Hope this helps!