Fix DirectDraw and Direct3D Acceleration not Available on Windows 10August 27, 2018
- First of all, Open Control Panel. You can open start menu, type control panel to find it.
- Then, Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Now, Click on Turn Windows Features on or off. It will open a small window.
- From there, find and expand “Legacy components” and tick on DirectPlay.
- Now, Click on OK and save the settings.
- Open the start menu, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. It will open the Windows Device Manager.
- Now, Expand Display Adapter from the list.
- Then, Right click on the graphics driver and choose Update Driver.
- Choose “Search automatically for the updated driver software.” It will automatically search for the latest driver and install it on your PC.
The users who work with 3D or play games on PC may face some common issues. This article is about some tips to fix DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration not available which are two common issues on Windows 10.
If you are a gamer or artist, you may encounter these types of problems more. When you try to open a graphics intensive software or game, it may show you an error with a message something like Direct3D acceleration is unavailable. Or When you open DirectX diagnostic tool, you may find that DirectDraw acceleration and other similar features are disabled or not available. It may be a big issue for you. But, If you know how to solve this problem, it won’t be a matter of panic.
Generally, It happens when you are using an immensely older GPU. But, Sometimes, It can be a result of driver incompatibility. In some cases, It is a mystery why these features are unavailable. But, Don’t worry. You can follow some methods to solve this problem.
How to Fix DirectDraw and Direct3D Acceleration not Available Problem
Don’t worry. You can get rid of this problem by following these methods.
1. Manually Enable Direct3D and DirectDraw Acceleration
You can enable or disable this feature by yourself. But, The methods depend on the version of Windows. If you are using an older Windows, press Win + R on the keyboard, type dxdiag and hit enter. Now, Click on the display tab. From there, click on the enable buttons next to the DirectDraw and Direct3D. If you are on Windows 10, do these things.
It should enable the DirectDraw or Direct3D acceleration feature. If it doesn’t work or the DirectPlay is already enabled, follow next methods.
2. Update the Graphics Driver to the Latest Version
In most cases, the Outdated driver is the culprit. So, You should update it to the latest version. To do it, follow these instructions.
After that, Restart your PC. Hopefully, It will fix Direct3D/DirectDraw acceleration not available problem on your PC.
3. Install the Latest DirectX
If the DirectX is corrupted or old, you may face this problem. In this case, I suggest you install the Latest DirectX. You can update Windows to the latest version. It will automatically install it.
These methods should help you to fix DirectDraw or Direct3D acceleration not available problem. But, You still may encounter this issue even after trying these methods. In this case, You can restore system to the previous state and see if it helps. If you have a very old and unsupported GPU, try to have a new one. It may help. You also can consider to re-install Windows to see if it works.
Hope something helps!