Is Cortana available in your country? Maybe not! She is yet to enable everywhere. With the latest release of Windows 10 it is enabled in seven countries of the world in Windows PC. The available countries are US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and China. It is available approximately in seven different languages. Microsoft is working to release her in every particular languages and regions. Over the next upcoming coming Microsoft is bringing Cortana in Australia, Canada (English) and India (English). Later on the year she is going to be enabled in Brazil, Mexico and Canada (Spanish).
How to Enable Cortana In Your Windows 10:
May be you can’t wait till the Microsoft made its official announcement to release her in your country. Making some changes to your PC’s settings you can easily enable her everywhere of the world. It is best to communicate with her in English language and let’s know how to enable microsoft’s digital assistant outside of the US.
You can use some trick to enable Cortana in your Windows 10 PC. Changing the windows region to the country where Cortana is available will make it possible. To do this follows the steps given below.
- From the start menu open Settings
- Click on Time & Language.
- Select the Region & Language.
- Select a country with the language under the Country or Region For example, if you wish to enable her in English, select United States for American English or United Kingdom for British English. If you want other language then select France for French, China for Mandarin, Italy for Italian, Germany for German or Spain for Spanish.
- Also install the appropriate language and change your System Language form here.
- That’s all. Close Settings app. You don’t even need to reboot.
- Open Cortana from taskbar.
- She would start work immediately and will ask you referring name of her.
Enable Cortana in Windows 10 Mobile:
You also can make it available in your mobile device. You can do it in Windows 10 mobile and windows phone 8.1. To do it –
- Navigate to Settings > Time & Language.
- Tap on Region and choose it as United States of any other cortana supported regions.
- Restart your phone.
In windows phone 8.1, It should be enabled automatically. But in windows 10 mobile, You will need to do these things –
- Tap on search button.
- Tap on three lines and go to Settings.
- Now enable it in your phone.
When Cortana Get Releases in Your Region:
Just for example, you are living in Australia, using Cortana for US English and you heard that Cortana launches in your country then heed back to Region and Language settings. Select your actual country and it will work normally.
You can also try other virtual assistant if you really need. For example you can use Google Now feature for your Google Chrome browser. It is currently available in 79 countries across the world.
Siri- Apple’s virtual assistant is only available for iPhone and iPad users. Even Mac users can’t use it. Siri is also available more than Cortana. It is available in 25 countries with 29 different languages. It can be easily enable in any countries without region-hacking requirement.
Microsoft has just planted their flag in a few countries. Microsoft has to do more to broad Cortana