How to Enable Secret Administrator Account in WindowsOctober 22, 2018
- At first, Open Command Prompt as administrator. You can open start menu, Type cmd, right click on command prompt and choose run as administrator. Windows 8 and 10 users can press Win + X from keyboard and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, Type the following command and hit Enter.
- It will enable secret administrator account.
- First of all, Signout from your current account. You can click on start, Then click on user account icon and choose sign out / logout.
- Now, In logon screen, You should see an extra user account named “Administrator“. It doesn’t have any password. Just click on it and then click on sign in (If required).
- Congratulation! You are using the built-in hidden admin account of windows.
- Open command prompt as admin like before.
- Run the following command.
- Now, You should not see any built-in admin account anymore.
In windows operating systems, There are two types of user accounts. Guest and administrator. When you install windows, You will need to create a user account. By default it is assigned as admin. In fact, It is not the main admin though it has almost all administrative privileges. There is a secret administrator account in windows. Which is actually hidden and disabled by default. It has all capabilities. You can easily enable or disable it.
Normally, When we want to install any software or try to open specific files, Windows shows User Account Control (UAC) window. Then, We have to click on yes to permit our PC to execute the file. Sometimes, We may have to face several security warnings while installing any software or opening specific files. In hidden administrator account of windows, You won’t have to face this kinds of things. So, This account can be helpful for use in some special moments.
How to Enable Secret Administrator Account in Windows:
Now, I’m introducing a cool method to enable hidden administrator account which is applicable for windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7. Here are the instructions.
net user administrator /active:yes
Note: If you want to get detailed information about newly enabled secret account, Run the following command.
Net user administrator
Extra tip: If you want to enable secret guest account, Just run this command: net user guest /active:yes
How to Use Secret Admin Account:
After enabling, You can start using it. To do this, Follow these steps.
Note: As the built-in account has not any password, You should set one. It will secure your newly enabled secret admin account.
How to Disable Hidden Administrator Account in Windows:
You may want to disable this account. If you don’t know how to do it, Just follow these steps.
net user administrator /active:no
Hopefully, This account will help you to enable secret administrator account in windows. You can let me know any feedback in comment box.