Error 3194 in iTunes – Fix Step by StepSeptember 11, 2018
When you try to restore or update firmware on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, You may experience an error with this code 3194. This is known as Error 3194 in iTunes. When iTunes fails to communicate with apple server, Then error 3194 may be occurred. But it can be fixed easily. Now you will know how to fix error 4194 of iTunes in Windows or Mac.
Fix Error 3194 from Windows:
If you want to fix error 3194 from your Windows PC, you need to follow the steps below.
1. Quite iTunes in your PC.
2. Now open Hosts file as administrator from c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.
3. Now copy this line 184.108.40.206 GS.APPLE.COM and paste it at the last of hosts file and save it.
4. Now restart your PC.
5. Then connect your iPhone/iPad or iPod with Your PC and open iTunes.
6. Now switch of your phone by holding power button.
7. Now hold Power Button + Home Button for 10 Seconds. After that release Power Button. But don’t release Home button until iTunes shows a message ‘Your device in now in recovery mode’ in your iPhone/iPad or iPod.
8. Now delete the last line from hosts file that you entered.
9. Now restore or update firmware and see error 3194 has gone.
Still Facing Error 3194?
If you still face error 3194, then go to hosts file and paste the lines below. Then follow the instructions again. Hope it you will fix error 3194.
Fix Error 3194 in Mac:
Fixing error 3194 in Mac is almost same as Windows. To fix error 3194 in Mac follow the steps below.
1. Open your Hosts file as administrator from path: /ect/hosts.
2. Now paste this 220.127.116.11 GS.APPLE.COM code at the last of hosts file and save it.
3. Then follow the instructions as Windows.
Hope it will fix error 3194. If it doesn’t work, Paste the alternative lines in hosts and follow the same instructions. I hope it will fix your error 3194 in iTunes.
Note: Before Restoring or Updating firmware, You may need to flush DNS. To flush dns in Windows, Open Command Prompt and Type this line ipconfig /flushdns. Now press enter. In mac you need to open Terminal and type sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache. Then press enter. Otherwise, you still may face error 3194.
Read Also: Flush and Reset DNS Completely.