Are you looking for the solutions to fix play store error 495? You are at the right place. You may want to download an app or game on your Android phone. But, It’s showing that error code. Don’t worry. You can remove it from your phone easily.
When users encounter this problem, they may see these error messages-
“App Name” could not be downloaded due to an error. (495).
“App Name” can’t be updated. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code 495)
The reason behind this error can be different. It happens more when users try to download a large app or use a slow internet connection. There might be other things that cause error code 495 on Android phone. But, You can get rid of this problem as there are several excellent methods to troubleshoot it.
How to Fix Error 495 in Play Store on Android
You can follow multiple ways to solve this problem. Different methods will work for different users. Here are the most common ways to resolve this play store error.
1. Clear Cache & Data:
It is a standard troubleshooting method for any play store related issues. I suggest you clear cache and data of Google Play Store, Google Play Framework and the app you are trying to update (If any). It may fix error 495. To do it, Follow the instructions below.
- At first, Navigate to Settings > Application Manager or Apps > open “All” apps.
- Find Google Play Store > clear data and clear cache.
- Now, Find Google Service Framework (Google Play Services). Then clear data and clear cache of it.
- Then, Install or, update the app from Play Store
- If the issue persists, try uninstalling Play Store updates
Hopefully, It will solve the problem.
2. Reset App Preferences
It is one of the widely used methods to repair error 495 on play store. You can reset app preferences on the Android phone by following these instructions.
- First of all, Go to Settings > Apps/Applications.
- Now, Tap on the three dots or vertical lines icon and then tap on “Reset app preferences.”
If you are lucky, It will fix your problem.
3. Enable Location Service:
To troubleshoot error 495 on play store, you may need to enable location service on your phone. Many of us disable location service to save battery life. But, Sometimes, It can cause errors and also prevent some apps to perform smoothly. By the way, To enable location, follow these instructions.
- First of all, Go to Settings > Location. For some smartphones like Samsung, you can find it in Settings > Connections > Location.
- Then, Set it to High Accuracy.
- Also, Allow the app that you are trying to update to use location.
It should fix your problem.
4. Remove and Adding Google Account:
You can remove your google account and re-add it after restarting your phone. It is another solution that may fix play store error 495. By the way, Here are the instructions.
- First of all, Navigate to System Settings > Accounts > Google > Remove your Gmail account.
- Then, Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store and force stop it. Then clear cache and data.
- Now, Restart your phone.
- Then, Go to System Settings > Accounts and add your google account again.
Now try to install or update the app from Play store. You will not face the problem again.
5. Try from Different Network:
Sometimes, Trying to install the problematic app by using different network may work. It means if you are trying to download using mobile data, do it using WiFi or vice versa. If it doesn’t help, you may decide to use VPN. For many users, Using a good VPN has fixed error code 495.
6. Wipe Cache Partition
It can be another excellent way to repair this error code. To do it, you will need to boot your Android phone into recovery mode. Then, clear cache partition. Here are the instructions.
- At first, Turn off your phone.
- Then, Press and hold Volume up + power button + Home button until your phone shows the manufactural logo. Then, Release the keys.
- Now, You are in recovery mode. Find the option Wipe Cache Partition using volume up/down key and select it by using the power button.
- At last, Reboot your phone.
Now, Try to install the android app from play store and see if it fixes error code 495.
7. Last Solutions:
In case, These methods above don’t work; You can try to install or update your desired app by changing DNS in your android phone. If it still fails, You may consider resetting your phone which should fix all common problems of your phone.
These are the best solutions I have found. You may know any other better ways to troubleshoot this problem. If you want, You can share the method that has worked for you. You can post your question with details in Google Product Forum if you don’t find any working solutions regarding error code 495.
Any of these six methods should resolve your problem. If anything else has fixed your problem, you can share that in the comment box so that it helps other users too.