Sometimes, You may need to know your mac address on your computer. It is very easy to find. But, Many users don’t know how to do it. That’s why, In this article, You will know about some ways to get the physical addresses.
Mac address is also known as hardware address and physical address. There are many reasons you need to know the mac address. It helps to configure the home network. You can filter mac and allow only your devices to connect to your network. Else, There are some other usefulnesses.
Ways to Know Mac Address on Windows:
There are two ways to do it. Now, You will know them one by one.
1. Command Prompt Method
It is the most comfortable method to know mac address. Because you can get the physical addresses of each network adapters by running a simple command. Here are the instructions:
- First of all, Open the start menu, type cmd, right click on command prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Now, Type the following command and hit enter.
Now, You will see all the mac addresses of your network adapters. To be more clear, see the screenshot.
2. Know Mac Address from Network Connection Settings
It is another convenient way to know the physical address on your PC. Here are the steps to follow.
- At first, Open Network Connections window. There, Many ways to open it. But, You can type ncpa.cpl in command prompt and hit enter to open it.
- Now, Double-click on any connection and then click on details.
- It will show you the physical address of that adapter.
Know Physical Address on Linux:
In Linux, You also can get the hardware address very easily. It requires a simple command. Here are instructions.
In the terminal, type ifconfig -a and hit enter. It will show you the mac address on Linux.
Hope these will help.