How to solve AMD GPU issues in windows 10September 19, 2018
- Go to the Start menu, select Create a Restore Point, and hit Enter to access System Protection (You can also access it by clicking the search box, typing Create a Restore Point in it, and then hitting Enter)
- Ensure Protection is On for the Windows drive (this is generally the C drive) in the Protection Settings box (The configure button will be disabled if Protection is off)
- Select the Windows drive (That is, the C drive)
- Click Configure
- Next, under Restore Settings, select Turn on system protection
- Adjust maximum disk space setting if you wish to
- Click Apply and then finally OK
- Press Window + R
- Type Control Panel in the Run dialog box and then press Enter
- Choose Control Panel and then Program and Features
- Choose AMD Catalyst Install Manager
- Click the Change button
- Click the Next button in the AMD Catalyst Install Manager
- Choose Express Uninstall ALL AMD Software and select Next
- Click All versions. In case you click Current version, AMD Catalyst Install Manager will only uninstall the most recent drivers. When you click All versions, on the other hand, AMD Catalyst Install Manager detects and remove all AMD video as well as audio drivers.
- Click Remove when the Install Manager prompts you
- Click Finish
- Restart Windows
- Click the exe file you’ve downloaded and hit Run
- Select the folder in which you want to install the files
- Click Install
- Select the language of your preference and hit Next
- Two options will come up in front of you, Custom and Express. Choose Express and hit Next
- Read the terms and conditions, and if you agree, hit Accept
- Click the Finish button after you receive a message stating the drivers are installed
- Restart Windows
Having GPU issues or Unable to install the latest driver for your AMD Graphics card after you’ve upgraded to Windows 10?
Well, this is a common issue. Many other users too have reported about it. When this error happens, you might not be able to change brightens settings. You might also face other issues related to display.
Thankfully, it is not difficult to resolve, as we show you in this post.
Solution to AMD GPU Problem
First thing first, create a restore point, so that you can roll back to immediate previous settings in case uninstallation of AMD Catalyst Center does not go as intended.
Once you’ve done this, you would need to remove AMD Catalyst Center as well as Display Driver. Here’s how you can do this:
Next, you would need to download the most current drivers for AMD GPU. After the download process is complete, Close all open applications and perform the following steps to install AMD Catalyst Center.
Alternative Way to Resolve AMD GPU Driver Installation Problem:
Sometimes, Previously mentioned method may not work according to out expectation. It is because, Your AMD software and drivers were not uninstalled correctly. In that case, You can download AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and run it. Then, Try to download and install latest driver.
I hope, This will fix AMD GPU issues in windows 10. If you are still encountering problem, You can comment.