Fix Cannot Guarantee Authenticity of the Domain to Which Encrypted Connection is EstablishedNovember 4, 2018
- First of all, Find the Kaspersky antivirus root certificate. Normally, The certificate location is C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP18.0.0\Data\Cert. However, You may have to enable show hidden files and folders feature in order to find this feature.
- Just go to the above location on your PC. You will find a certificate named (fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer. Copy it to your desktop.
- At first, Open Firefox.
- Then, Type about:preferences#advanced in your browser address bar and press Enter.
- Then, Click on Certificate tab.
- Now, Click on View Certificates and then click on Import.
- Choose that cert you have copied in desktop and import it.
- At first, Open RUN by pressing on Win +R.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
- Now, Go to Content > Certificate.
- Click on Import to import the certificate.
- At first, Open Kaspersky.
- Then, Click on Gear icon to open Settings.
- Navigate to Additional > Network settings.
- Now, Check Do not scan encrypted connection.
Sometimes, Kaspersky security program shows a warning something like “Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established“. It happens when you try to visit any websites. This article is about how to fix this issue.
It has no doubt that Kaspersky is one of the most popular and widely used security software. Millions of users trust it and are using its Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security to protect themselves from security threats. However, Sometimes, They have to encounter unexpected difficulties while using this programs. Often Kaspersky fails to guarantee authenticity to the encrypted connection between your PC and a domain which is hosted on a remote server.
Actually, Many Kaspersky fans have become disappointed after facing this problem. It is an old problem and Kaspersky is also aware of it. But, Users are still encountering in 2017. However, You can easily fix cannot guarantee the authenticity of the domain problem. But, You may have to sacrifice a small security feature to do this.
Please note that Kaspersky scans https connection for security threats or vulnerabilities. If it finds any suspicious behavior, it shows you the warning. It is always recommended to click on Disconnect. But, If you believe the warning is false positive and it is safe, you may click on Continue.
How to Fix Cannot Guarantee Authenticity of the Domain to Which Encrypted Connection is Established in Kaspersky:
Basically, This problem occurs when you have a specific feature enabled in your antivirus or there is any certificate error. We have two ways to get rid of this problem. Here are they-
1. Import Certificate:
When you install Kaspersky in your PC, it automatically imports a certificate in your cert list. However, If the importing process fails, You may encounter encrypted connection authenticity errors while browsing any websites which is https or uses https link. However, Normally cert import process doesn’t fail. But, If it happens, you will have to do following things.
After doing it, you will have to import it in your certificate list. For Mozilla Firefox, follow these things:
For all other browsers in windows, do these things:
It may fix cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established. If not, Just follow next method.
2. Turn Off Encrypted Connection Scanning:
As I said before that you might need to sacrifice a security feature in order to fix encrypted connection authenticity problem in Kaspersky. You will have to do it right now if the first method fails and you want to get rid of this problem. However, All depends on you. There is Encrypted Connection Scanning feature in Kaspersky internet security or total security. It usually scans https connections to find vulnerability and authenticity. If you turn this feature off, It won’t show you the annoying warning message again. To do it, follow these instructions:
From now, You will no longer get any similar warning. So, These are two useful solutions to fix cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established. However, Personally I use Kaspersky total security and I have not disabled encrypted connection scanning. Actually, It is recommended to keep enabled this feature. But, If you want to avoid that annoying warning, you may have to do this small sacrifice with caution.