DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG is a very common error. Recently many peoples have faced this problem. It is an internet connection error. It restricts you to access any websites. So it can be a terrible problem for a user.
This error may appear on any browsers. But it is frequently seen in google chrome. Like other internet connection errors, It has also some good solutions.
How to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG:
It can be fixed by several ways. In this article you will know some of them.
Method 1: IP Releaseing/Renewing
This is the first method you can apply to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG. To do it –
- Press Windows Flag + R from keyboard.
- Type cmd and press Enter.
- Now type ipconfig /release and press enter.
- Again type ipconfig /renew and press enter.
- Now close command prompt and open a browser to check if this error has been fixed.
Method 2: Flushing DNS
Flushing DNS is another most working method to fix error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG. To flush DNS –
- Open Command Prompt.
- Then type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
- Then close command prompt and open browser to check if it has worked.
You can read more about flushing DNS from this article: Flush and Reset DNS
Method 3: Reseting IP Catalog
It also can fix this error. To do it –
- Open Command Prompt as administrator. To open it, press CTRL+X from your keyboard and select Command Prompt (Admin). It is for windows 8 or 10. For windows 7, Right click on command prompt and select run as administrator.
- Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
- Again type netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter.
It should fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG.
Method 3: Modifying DNS Setting
If method 1 & method 2 doesn’t work for you, You should follow this method. To do it-
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
- Right click on your internet connection name and select Properties.
- Then double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Now check Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Set Preferred DNS server as 22.214.171.124 & alternative DNS server as 126.96.36.199.
- Click on OK.
- Now open a browser and check if DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG has been fixed.
You can use 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199 as your DNS.
Additional Things to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG:
These are the best ways to fix this proble, But, sometimes these may not repair this error. In that case, You can follow the additional methods.
1. Disabling Security Softwares
If you have installed thirdparty firewall or antivirus, These may cause this DNS prob finished bad config error. So, Try to disable these temporarily and check if it fixes your problem.
2. Remove Website Filters
If you have blocked some websites or IP addresses by any thirdparty or native programs, You can’t visit these sites and the sites which have same IP Addresses. It will show you DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG. So, You can remove the filters and check if it works.
3. Re-Install Browser:
If you face the error in google chrome, Try the same website in another website. If you see that other browsers are fine and can access the website, You should reset or reinstall your chrome browser.
4. Re-Install or Update Network Drivers to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG:
If you have problems on your network or LAN driver, You may encounter this error. So, Try to keep it up to date. If you are already a victim, I should suggest you to update it ot reinstall it by latest version. It should fix the problem.
Read Also: Fix DNS Server Not Responding
If you know any better solution to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG on Chrome, Let us know by comment.