BSOD errors are very common for windows users. This article can be a very useful source to fix driver IRQL not less or equal which is a common blue screen of death error.
Nowadays, Windows 10 users are encountering a blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. In fact, It is not a new error. Previously, It had interrupted many Windows 8, 8.1 users. If we look at the past, Many older windows users had also complained about this problem. However, The worst thing is many users can’t even login into windows because this error appears as soon as logon screen appears. However, Tweaking a few things may help you to get rid of this error.
There are some common things that usually cause driver IRQL not less or equal BSOD. Most blue screen errors are caused by corrupt drivers. This error is no different. In most cases, Faulty network drivers are responsible for it. Else, If any of your drivers use incorrect memory address, You may see this error. There may be other reasons. But, These are not so common.
How to Fix Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal Blue Screen of Death in Windows:
It is good that you can solve this error easily. There are many ways to do it. Whatever, We will follow the most working methods to fix driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. But, If you can’t login into windows, you will have to follow these methods in safe mode.
1. Deleting epfwwfp.sys
If you see epfwwfp.sys along with this blue screen error name, You can fix it by deleting epfwwfp.sys. You can do it from command prompt. It is so easy process. Just open the command prompt. Then type the following command and press enter.
DEL /F /S /Q /A “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\epfwwfp.sys
2. Re-Install Network Driver:
In windows 10, You may encounter this blue screen error anytime. However, If you see ndis.sys this name with driver IRQL not less or equal, it may be a result of faulty network drive. So, I suggest you uninstall your network driver. It may fix this problem. However, to do it:
- First of all, Open RUN by pressing Win + R.
- Now, Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Then, Expand network adapters.
- Right click on the network adapter name you want to uninstall and choose uninstall.
- After doing it, Click on Action from the menu bar and choose Scan for hardware changes.
- It will automatically detect and install the network adapters. But, If possible, You should download the latest drivers from your PC manufacturer website and install.
It may fix driver IRQL not less or equal.
3. Update Everything
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error can be fixed by updating/upgrading everything of your PC. You just need to do the following things.
- Install latest service pack.
- Always Keep up to date your PC.
- Upgrade all of your Drivers to the latest version.
4. Troubleshoot Hardware Problems
As error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a hardware/memory related problem, You should troubleshoot your PC’s hardware. I have written a helpful article. It will help you to troubleshoot your PC. Read: Troubleshoot Windows Problems.
5. Fix Bad Virtual Memory Page Issue
You also may experience DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for the bad virtual memory page. So you need to fix it. To fix it, Follow the instructions below.
- Go to Computer Properties. Just right click on Computer / This PC and Select Properties.
- Click on Advanced System Settings.
- Open Advanced Tab.
- Then click on Change in the performance section.
- Then click on Advanced Tab.
- Now click on Change in the Virtual memory section.
- Now uncheck automatically manage paging file for all drivers.
Hope it will fix DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
6. Uninstall Overclocking Tools
Some PC manufacturers provide a dedicated tool that can enhance CPU overclocking process. Sometimes, These may cause BSOD errors. So, I suggest you to uninstall them to fix driver IRQL not less or equal.
7. Disable Antivirus & Firewall:
Some antivirus programs are commonly responsible for the specific blue screen of death errors. So, I suggest you disable any third-party antivirus or firewall programs to see if it fixes driver IRQL not less or equal.
8. Fix BSOD by Analyzing Dump File:
Hopefully, Any of these above methods will work. If they don’t work, there is no need to be worried. Because You can easily resolve driver IRQL not less or equal by analyzing minidump file.
These are some cool methods to fix this BSOD. If you don’t get any working solution, you may do system restore or reset windows 10 as the last method. You also may post on Microsoft community get additional help. By the way, If you have any better idea to fix DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, You can share it in the comment box.