How to Fix Driver Power State Failure Blue Screen ErrorOctober 10, 2018
- First of all, Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update
- Now click on Check for updates
- After checking for latest updates, install all available updates including optional updates.
- Go to Computer Properties and Click on Device Manager. Or you can click on start and type device manager and press enter.
- Just Press Windows Logo Key + R from the keyboard.
- Then, Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Now double click on that driver name from the list.
- It will open that driver’s properties. Click on Driver tab.
- Then click on Roll Back driver.
- At first, Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >Power Options.
- Now check High Performance.
- Done. You can adjust your screen brightness if you want.
- At first, Press Windows Logo + R.
- Then, Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Expand Network Adapters.
- Now, Double click on your wireless driver. Then click on Power Management tab.
- Now uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- At first, Open start menu/start screen type verifier, select Driver Verifier and press enter
- Then, Click on Create custom settings (for code developers) and Next
- Now, Select individual settings from a full list and click on Next
- Check the following boxes- Special Pool, Pool Tracking, Force IRQL Checking, Deadlock Detection, Security, Checks (Windows 7), Concurrency Stress Test (Windows 8), DDI compliance checking (Windows 8), Miscellaneous Checks and click on Next
- Now click on Select driver names from a list and Next
- Click on Provider Tab
- Check every driver that is not by Microsoft
- Then click Finish and Restart your computer
Each stop errors or blue screen of deaths indicate different things. So, Troubleshooting processes for these errors can be different. Now, You will know how to fix driver power state failure which is a familiar blue screen of death error on Windows 10.
Like other windows blue screen problems, this error is a nightmare for Windows users. Sometimes, This BSOD comes with an error code something like 0x0000009F. It may occur in any version of windows. But nowadays Windows 10 users are facing it more frequently. Notably, The users who upgraded their old OS to Windows 10 or installed major updates like fall creators update are the primary victims.
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error occurs when windows calls a driver to awake from low power state, but the driver doesn’t respond. That’s why many people encounter this problem when they try to awake their PC from sleep mode. Outdated, incompatible or faulty drivers are the reason for this issue.
Fix Driver Power State Failure Blue Screen of Death
If you can identify which thing is causing this problem, you will be able to repair the error very quickly. By the way, Here are some troubleshooting tips to solve driver power state failure problem. If you can’t follow the methods in the usual way, do it in safe mode.
Solution 1: Updating Windows & Drivers
Updating driver software may fix this blue screen error. To do it-
Then restart your PC. Now open Device Manager and find if there is any hardware name with yellow sign. Update that driver software manually. To open Device Manager-
Typically, this method should work. If you still face driver power state failure error, then you have to follow next methods.
Solution 2: Uninstall Recently Installed Programs
You may experience this blue screen of death right after installing any third-party programs which are not compatible or corrupted. In that case, I would like to suggest you uninstall recently installed programs on your PC. You have to do it in safe mode.
Solution 3: Roll Back Driver
You also may face driver power state failure after updating any specific drivers. In that case, You can roll back it to its previous version. To do it-
In most cases, The problematic wireless driver occurs this blue screen of death. So, You may consider it.
Solution 4: Fixing Driver Power State Failure that caused by Connectivity Issue (During Sleep Mode)
In Microsoft answer community, I found many peoples were complaining that they were facing this blue screen of death during shutdown or right after resuming from sleep mode. In this case, You can assume that it is related to your PC’s power management issue. That’s true. Your drivers go low power state or in IDLE state due to saving power. When You want to use your PC and or resume it from sleep mode, Its drivers have to wake up. But, Sometimes, These may not respond as expected. That may cause driver power state failure. Most of the time network drivers cause this issue. But, In this case, You can solve it by following two impressive steps.
Step 1: Set your System Power Plan to High-Performance Mode
To do it –
Step 2: Disable Power Management for Network Device
Now, You have to turn off power savings for network drivers. It will keep them alive. So, It will prevent coming back of driver power state failure BSOD. To do it –
Now, Restart your PC and see if it has fixed driver power state failure.
Solution 5: Repairing Corrupted System Files
Corrupted System Files may create BSOD. So, You can fix it manually. I have already an article on it. Read: Repair Corrupted System Files Windows
Advanced Methods to Repair Driver Power State Failure:
As long as you don’t have previous knowledge or experience, you should not try the advanced methods. It may help you or ruin your Operating System and PC. So, Be careful before trying these techniques. I’ll be not responsible for any wrong things.
Updating BIOS may fix driver power state failure error. It is really a very easy process. But you have to do it carefully. You will know how to update your BIOS from your Computer Manufacturer’s support website.
Troubleshooting with Driver Verifier
Driver verifier is an excellent tool to troubleshoot any hardware problems with windows. It may also help you to fix driver power state failure. Here are the instructions.
Create Small Minidump:
You can take the advantages of the dump file. Just create small minidump and analyze it. If you understand which driver is the culprit, just uninstall and disable it. If you don’t understand the dump file, Just upload it to onedrive or google drive and post it to Microsoft Answer Forum. They can assist you to solve driver power state failure problem.
You can also restore your PC to the previous restore point or reinstall to fix this problem.
One of these methods should work for you. If you know any other ways to fix driver power state failure error, you can share with us by the comment.