One of the most common and oldest blue screen of death errors is Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations. There are many specially the users who are using windows PC for many years may face this BSOD problem at least once. This error is more frequent in the systems running on virtual environment like VirtualBox, VMware, Microsoft Virtual PC etc. According to many articles online, This blue screen problem is occurred more in Intel based systems than AMD. Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 even oldest 2000, XP & Vista users may face this error.
Reasons Behind Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations:
Normally this error is caused by conflicting between system process and any programs or drivers. Virus infection also may be responsible for this error.
This is similar to other blue screen errors. You may experience following things –
- System may become freezed sometimes.
- Performance may become worst some times.
- During boot up blue screen may appear and show you the error.
- When you run specific programs, System may show you the BSOD with STOP Code: 0x000000CE, oxF757C7F8 and error name DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS.
- Your mouse and keyboards may not work for a few seconds.
These are the common things you may experience. In fact, All BSOD has same symptoms. It is a bit different. It may occur more frequently during running any visualization software.
How to Fix Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations:
At first i want to say that i can’t give you guarantee that these methods will work or not. But these are the possible best method to fix this BSOD. Let’s know these –
Method 1: Update Drivers and Windows
This problem can be caused by drivers problem or windows core problems. So, It will be better to update all of your drivers and windows too.
Method 2: Delete Culprit Driver
Sometimes, The error message Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations may tell you the problematic driver name. In that case, You can delete culprit driver. Suppose, The problematic driver is intelppm.sys. Then, You may see the following message in BSDO –
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: intelppm.sys
So, Let’s know how to delete this culprit driver.
- First of all you have to boot your PC into safe mode. To do it, Just restart your PC and press F8 continuously. You will see advanced boot menu. Choose safe mode and press Enter. If you are windows 10 or 8 user, You have to do it differently. To know, Read this article: Boot Into Safe Mode in Windows 10
- Now Open start menu and type cmd.
- You will see command prompt. Right click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Now, Type CD c:\windows\ and press Enter.
- Then type CD c:\windows\system32 and press enter.
- At last type DEL intelppm.sys and press Enter from keyboard.
- Restart your PC.
Method 3: Disable intelppm.sys
Intelppm.sys is the most common driver that causes Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations error. If you don’t see any specific culprit file name on BSOD, You can try this method as your solution. To disable it –
- Press Windows Logo Key + R from keyboard to start RUN.
- Now type regedit and press enter.
- Navigate to following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > Processor.
- You will see several dword files. Double click on Start.
- Change the value to 4 and OK.
- Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > Intelppm.
- Double click on Start and set the value 4.
- Close and restart your computer.
From now, You should not face the BSOD again.
Method 4: Uninstall Culprit Program to Fix Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations
If you encounter this windows blue screen of death after installing any programs on your PC, You should uninstall it. But you have to do it in safe mode. I already mentioned how to boot into safe mode in method 2.
Method 5: Uninstall & Reinstall Video Driver
Sometimes, This error can be caused by the video drivers like NVIDIA. In that case, You can uninstall it. Then reinstall it with latest version. To uninstall it –
- Open Start Menu.
- Type device Manager and press Enter.
- Find and double click on your Video driver name.
- It will open its properties. Click on Driver tab.
- Now click on Uninstall.
- Restart PC.
- Now download the latest version from internet.
- Install it.
Method 6: Replace Driver Folder
Sometimes, This method may work surprisingly. To do it –
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\ of a same version windows PC which has no BSOD or driver related problems.
- Find and copy the Driver folder and paste it to a USB Flash Drive.
- Connect the flash drive to problematic PC.
- Go to the same location.
- Rename driver folder as driver.old.
- Now paste the driver folder from USB flash drive.
- Restart your PC.
The Last Methods to Repair Error Driver Unloaded Without Cancelling Pending Operations:
If none of the methods mentioned above work for you, You can fix your windows corrupted system files. If it still fails, Try a system restore. You also can reset or refresh your windows. If you are using older version of windows like XP, 7 or Vista, Try to do clean installation.