How to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE in ChromeSeptember 20, 2018
- First of all, Click on the Profile/Profile name on the top left corner of your browser.
- Now, Choose Guest.
- At first, Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and then hit enter.
- Now, Disable all extensions one by one by tweaking the switch right to left.
- At first, Open Google Chrome.
- Now, Press CTRL+SHIFT+Del on the keyboard. It will lead you a new window.
- Then, Check ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files.’
- Now, Click on Clear Data.
- At first, Click on the three vertical dot icon on the top right corner of chrome and select Settings. You also can directly type chrome://settings/ on the address bar and hit enter. It will open the settings Window.
- Now, Scroll down and click on Show advanced settings.
- Then scroll down and find the Reset option. Click on that.
- First of all, Press on Win + R on the keyboard to open RUN.
- Then, Type %temp% and hit enter. It will open the temp folder.
- Now, Delete everything from this folder.
- Restart your PC.
- At first, Open Run like before, type ncpa.cpl and hit enter.
- Now, Right click on the connection that you are using and go to properties.
- Then, Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- Now, Check “Use the following DNS server addresses,” and set them as 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. It is Google Public DNS address. You can use any other public DNS if you want.
- By the way, Save the settings and restart your PC.
- At first, Open the start menu.
- Then, type cmd, right click on the command prompt and choose run as administrator.
- Now, Run the following commands.
- At first, Open the Start Menu, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. It will open Windows Device Manager.
- Now, Right click on the network driver and choose Update Driver.
- Follow onscreen instructions.
- At first, Open IDM.
- Now, Click on Downloads.
- Then select Options.
- Now uncheck Use advanced browser integration.
- Click on OK.
Sometimes, You may want to visit a website in chrome, but it shows you an error code “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.” In this post, You will know about the reasons behind it and how to fix this problem effectively.
Sometimes, This error comes with an error code 324. It can appear temporarily and sometimes it may appear more frequently. This problem may prevent you to access any specific web pages. It occurs when chrome doesn’t get any data from the remote server. When a user encounters this issue, he/she usually sees the following message.
No Data Received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
In most cases, It appears when you try to access the https web pages or try to login or try to submit anything on a webpage. So, It is clearly indicating that it is a secure connection issue between your device and the remote server. Maybe, Something is blocking the connection. Sometimes, The source of this problem can be on the remote server. But, You or a webmaster have some excellent options on hand to fix net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. Any of these options will work.
How to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE in Google Chrome
If the problem persists in the remote server, a regular user doesn’t have many things to do. But, If the problem source is on your PC/Mobile, there are few ways to solve this problem. You can try these methods one by one. But, Before that, You can restart your router and modem to see if it helps.
1. Remove Chrome Extensions:
When you face this err_empty_response error, Just try to open that problematic page in guest mode. If you see that you can access that page in guest mode, it means there is something wrong with your chrome extensions. In that case, Disable all chrome extensions and enable one by one to see which one is actually causing the problem. Here are the instructions.
To open chrome in guest mode,
To disable extensions in chrome,
Now, Relaunch chrome. It should remove ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error from your browser.
2. Clear Browser Cache, Cookies:
Corrupted cache and cookies are two common reasons for many browser problems. So, Whenever you encounter any problem to access any webpage, you can consider clearing these things. Sometimes, It works like a charm. To clear cache and cookies, follow these instructions.
From now, You should no longer encounter that problem.
3. Reset Chrome:
If you still face the error, You can reset your chrome browser. It will resolve ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE if any misconfiguration on chrome is responsible for this error. By the way, if you don’t know how to reset, here are the instructions.
After that, You should not face that problem again.
4. Clean Temp
This problem is not that sample that you are thinking. You also should clean the temp folder to fix no data received – err_empty_response error. To do it, follow these instructions.
Now, You should no longer encounter that error on chrome.
5. Change DNS
This problem also may be a result of DNS server behavior. So, You can change your DNS settings and see if it helps. To do it,
Now, Try to visit the problematic website. I hope it will solve err_empty_response error.
6. Reset Connections
If the problem still persists, you should reset your connections. Because It is also one of the working solutions. To do it, follow these steps.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Now, See if it has fixed err empty response on google chrome.
7. Update Network Driver
If the network driver contains bugs, you also may experience weird behavior while surfing the internet. So, I also recommend you update the network drivers to the latest version. To do it,
You can know more details by reading this article: How to Update Drivers.
After that, check if it fixes your problem.
8. Other Methods to Troubleshoot this Error
If above methods failed to fix the error 324 net err empty response, follow a few different ways. Because many users have found these alternative methods helpful.
a. Scan and Fix with CCleaner or Other Similar Tools:
You can use any PC optimizer apps like CCleaner to scan issues in your PC. Then fix all the problems. Usually, I recommend you to fix the registries. Then scan and clean temporary app data.
b. Scan for Malware:
Some users reported that they faced the error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) for virus problem on their PC. So use a good antivirus to scan your PC. You also can try Malwarebytes to scan and fix malware problems.
c. Change IDM Setting:
If you use internet download manager, You also may face this error. Then the thing you should do is changing IDM setting. To do it –
d. Modify Firewall Setting:
If you use any third-party antivirus or firewall on your PC, one of its security features may block the connection between you and the remote server. So, You can just enable windows firewall and disable that antivirus or firewall. If it works, you should find out which feature is causing the problem and disable it. Hopefully, It will fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
9. Contact Website Owner/ISP
Sometimes, The source of this problem may not exist on your PC or mobile. If you have already tried above solutions and failed and other devices in the same network have the same issue, you should contact your ISP. Also, contact the website owner and let them know about the problem. Hopefully, You will get a solution.
What a Website Owner can do:
If you are the website owner and your visitors are experiencing that problem, you should look the server or the web application configuration to identify the issue. You also should check the SSL certificate configuration.
Hopefully, These tips will help you to repair ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error on Google Chrome.