How to Fix ERR NETWORK CHANGED in ChromeNovember 1, 2018
- Frequently connecting / disconnecting internet.
- Using proxy.
- Any software that affects DNS settings.
- Third-Party extensions.
- First of all, Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options.
- You will see a new window called Internet Properties.
- From there, Click on Connections tab and then click on LAN Settings.
- From Local Area Network (LAN) Settings, Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN …. and check Automatically Detect Settings.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Now, Restart your computer and see if it fixes Error 21 (net::ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED): Unknown error.
- Right Click on Start Button (Windows Logo).
- Now, Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following commands and hit enter for each.
- Now, Restart your PC and try to browse from google chrome.
- Go to Settings in chrome. You can type chrome://settings/ in address bar and hit enter to access settings window.
- Now, Scroll down and click on Show advanced settings.
- Again scroll down. You will see the button Reset Settings. Just click on it and wait for a while.
- After resetting chrome, Check if you still get that error.
- Press Windows Key + X from keyboard and click on Programs and Features.
- Now, Find and uninstall google chrome.
- After doing it, Restart PC.
- Then, Go to https://www.google.com/chrome/ and download chrome. Then install it.
If you are a broadband internet user, You may have to face several hassles. Specially, In windows operating systems, The users are facing some common connection errors like “ERR NETWORK CHANGED”. This problems normally appears in google chrome browser. It comes with a message like “Unable to access the network” along with the error name. But users may face similar problem in other web browsers with different names. Luckily, You can fix this type of problems very easily. In this article, You will learn how to resolve this problem.
Reasons Behind “Err Network Changed” Error:
Obviously this is an internet connectivity error. When i researched on it, I found these are the major reasons behind it –
These are the common reasons. But there may have other things that cause this problem.
How to Fix Err Network Changed in Google Chrome:
There are a few methods that you can try to get rid of this problem. These are –
Method 1: Restart Router or Modem
If you have router or modem to connect internet, You can restart them. But, I suggest you to power it off and leave it for a few minutes. Then power it on. Sometimes, This method works like charming.
Method 2: Tweak LAN Settings and Remove Proxy
This is the first thing you can do. If you are using proxy you should remove that. All of these things you can do from one place. Here are the instructions –
Method 3: Browse in Incognito Mode
Sometimes, Some extensions may create problems that cause connection errors. Specially, There are so many extensions which can change your DNS, Proxy etc. If you have one of them, Just open Google Chrome in incognito mode. Now, See if you still face the err network changed error or not. If you see, You no longer face it in incognito mode, You can disable all extensions and see what happens. I hope after doing it, You won’t face the connection error in normal mode. Now, Enable extensions one by one and browse internet after enabling each extensions. It will help you to find out the culprit. When you find it, Just uninstall it from chrome.
Method 4: Flush and Reset DNS Completely to Fix Err Network Changed
Sometimes, Corrupted configurations of your internet settings and DNS may create this type of problems. In that case, Flushing and resetting DNS settings can fix connection errors. I had wrote another article how to do it. To know, Read: Flush DNS Completely
Remember, After doing it, You may require to set up your internet settings again.
Method 5: Reset IP/TCP
You can reset your PC IP settings to default. It may help you. Here are the things to do –
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Method 6: Reset or Re-Install Google Chrome
Well, Sometimes your chrome browser may become corrupted for any reason. Then, You may get several errors like ERR NETWORK CHANGED. So, Resetting and re-installing it can be a wise decision. But, I recommend to reset at first. If it works, Then you are lucky. If it doesn’t work, Then you can uninstall it and install again. Here are the instructions to do it –
If it doesn’t work, Reinstall it. Here are intructions –
I hope, Above method will fix your problem.
Method 7: Uninstall VPN or Proxy Softwares
When none of these 6 methods fixes your problem, You should make sure that you have no VPN client or proxy software installed in PC. Uninstall them completely, If you have. Then try to browse internet from google chrome. I hope, It will work. Otherwise, Follow next steps.
Method 8: Reset Router Settings
If you did any changes in your router settings and you can’t remember it, You can reset it. This will fix err network changed error, If router misconfiguration is the main reason.
Alternative Method to Fix ERR NETWORK CHANGED Error:
Sometimes, This problem can be nightmare for a user. Just check, If you face similar problems in other web browsers. Like Firefox can give you the error connection reset or changed for the same reason. If you have other PC or windows tab, Check if these work fine in the same network. When you find your PC is the only device that is encountering this issue, You can definitely reset or reinstall windows.