Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Google ChromeNovember 3, 2018
- At first, You will have to open chrome in guest mode. To do it, just click on your profile name or icon on the top right side and choose Guest.
- Now, Visit the web page which was showing you that error.
- If you see everything is working fine in guest mode, just go back to normal mode.
- Then, Disable all extensions.
- Now, Try to visit that page again and see what happens. You should not face the problem again.
- However, You can enable extensions one by one to identify which one was causing this problem.
- At first, Open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Again type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- At first, Type chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active in your chrome browser and press enter.
- Then, Click on the arrow down icon on top right corner.
- Now, From the drop-down menu select Flush Sockets.
- At first, Open Avast.
- Then, Go to Settings > Active Protections > Customize for Web Sheild.
- Uncheck Enable HTTPS Scanning.
- You also can go to Exclusions.
- Then, Add the problematic website URL in exclude list.
- Type chrome://settings/help in the address bar and hit enter.
- It will automatically check for latest update and install it.
You may encounter some common problems while accessing any specific web pages in google chrome browser. In this article, you will know how to fix err_spdy_protocol_error. It is a common error that may prevent you to access to certain web pages.
Sometimes, Google Chrome users face some critical errors. One of them is ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Sometimes, It may occur temporarily. But if it appears frequently, It will be a very bad experience for a user. You can’t browse comfortably for this error. So, You should take steps to fix it permanently.
After releasing Windows 10, Chrome users are facing this error frequently. Chrome in Windows 10 has also some other serious issues. However, It is a good thing that you can easily get rid of this problem by following some troubleshooting steps.
How to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Chrome:
If you can understand what is causing this error, it will make easier to fix it. Normally, Relaunching chrome browser fixes this type of problems. But, It is a temporary solution. However, Here are some methods that can fix this ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. But, Make sure that all time, date and region settings are correct on your PC before trying these methods.
1. Guest Mode
Often third-party extensions cause many problems in a browser. To understand it, guest mode or incognito mode is very useful feature. All modern browsers including google chrome come with this feature. In guest mode, no third-party extensions and add-ons remain active. So, If you see you can access certain web pages without experiencing ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in guest mode, it is very possible that a third-party extension is behind this problem. In that case, You can identify the culprit and uninstall. Here are instructions.
I hope it will solve ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
2. Flushing DNS and Renewing IP
Flushing DNS and Renewing IP can work sometimes. It also fixes other internet related problems. So, You should try it. To flush DNS –
To Renew IP –
Note: You may need to reconfigure your internet connection.
However, Doing that thing can remove err_spdy_protocol_error from chrome.
3. Flushing SPDY Sockets
This is a unique and most working method to resolve the error we are talking about. In most cases, It fixes err_spdy_protocol_error if first two methods fail. Here are instructions to flush SPDY sockets.
After doing it, relaunch Chrome and visit the problematic web page. I hope you won’t encounter that problem again.
Some Other Methods:
Actually, These three methods are enough to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. But, If luck doesn’t favor your and you still encounter that problem, here are some other strategies you can implement.
1. Clearing Cache & Cookies:
Sometimes, Corrupted cache and cookies can be responsible for some common problems in any browsers. So, Clearing cache & cookies may work for you.
2. Disable Antivirus and Firewall:
Antivirus and firewall are such programs which have the ability to interrupt communication between your PC and the remote server. So, They are often responsible for many internet related errors. So, To fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR, you can disable these programs. If it doesn’t help, you can re-enable them.
A Special Solution for Avast Users:
If you are Avast antivirus user, you may not have to disable it before trying the following steps.
I hope it will help you.
3. Update Chrome:
If your browser is outdated, you can face many issues while visiting any https or normal websites. So, You should make sure that Google Chrome is up to date on your PC. However, To update Chrome, follow that thing.
4. Resetting Chrome:
If you still encounter this error, another possible solution to fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR is resetting your chrome browser. You can try it if you don’t have any other way.
These are the solutions fix this problem on google chrome browser. If you know any better solutions, You can share with us by the comment.