Fix Error 0x80072EFD by Following a Few StepsSeptember 7, 2018
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Open Settings. Then scroll down and click on View Advanced Settings.
- Now, Click on Open Proxy Settings.
- Then, Turn it off by sliding the switch.
- Now, Reconnect your internet.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type regedit and hit Enter.
- Now, Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > WindowsNT > C urrentVersion > NetworkList > Profiles.
- Right click on Profiles and select Permissions.
- Now, Click on Advanced. Then check the following option “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object“.
- Restart computer and try to open Windows store again.
- Open RUN.
- Type wsreset and hit Enter.
- Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command and hit enter for each.
- Now, Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete everything from that folder.
- Again, Open Command as admin and run the following commands.
- Restart your PC and try to open Windows Store.
- Open Start Menu and type troubleshoot and Select the app Troubleshooting.
- Now, Click on Network and Internet.
- Then, Troubleshoot Network Adapters and Internet connections. If there is any issue, It will fix automatically.
- Now, Try to open Windows Store. I hope, You won’t be facing the error code again.
- Open Troubleshooter like above method.
- Click on View all from the left side bar.
- Click on Windows Update from the bottom.
- Then, Follow the instructions from popup window.
- I hope, It will repair any update related problems and you will not face update error ox80072efd.
Error 0x80072EFD is very common for Windows 10, 8 and MS Office users. It can appear while updating windows or any app, opening windows store and activating microsoft office 365, 2016 or 2013. This error may comes with different messages in different conditions. I’ll explain them and the methods to fix it in this article.
How to Fix Error 0x80072EFD:
There are different reasons behind this problem. So, You will need to fix it by following different methods. Now, I’ll explain how to fix error 0x80072EFD during office activation, After opening Windows Store and During windows update. But, All of the methods are applicable to any problem related to this error code. So, You can try all of these methods.
When you try to activate your Office 365 or 2016/13, You may get the following message –
We couldn’t contact the server. Please try again in a few minutes. (0x80072EFD)
This is an annoying issue that you may face repeatedly. But don’t worry, Here are some steps that may help you.
Step 1: Disable Proxy Temporarily or Reset
If you are using proxy, You should turn it off temporarily. To do it-
Now, Try to activate or install Office. I hope, It will work. You also may try to reset your proxy. To do it, Open Command Prompt as Administrator. Then type the following command and press Enter.
netsh winhttp reset proxy
Step 2: Turn Off Firewall and Antivirus
Some third-party antivirus and firewalls may create connections issues. As a result, You may encounter error code 0x80072EFD during activating office. So, I recommend you to disable them temporarily. If it doesn’t help, Try to disable Windows Firewall too.
Step 3: Flush DNS and Reset Connections:
If you are still experiencing that problem, I would like to suggest you to flush DNS and Reset Connections completely. You may require reconfigure your internet connection after doing it. But, It has a good possibility to resolve the error.
Step 4: Use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant to Fix Error 0x80072EFD in Office
There is an awesome tool from Microsoft to fix office 365 problems. As, You are not being able to activate your office, You can download Support and Recovery Assistant and run it in your PC.
If none of them help you, You can contact Microsoft support. You also can turn off other services in your PC and then try to activate office. Also check your time and region settings and correct them.
Users may encounter this error right after opening store in windows. It comes with the following message –
Check your connection, All fixed? Refresh the page. Error code is 0x80072EFD, in case you need it.
It also comes with another message like – ‘The Server is Stumbled’. The reason behind its appearing in store is similar to the previous problem. So, You should try step 1, 2 and 3 from the previous problem fix (Office). If these don’t help you to get rid of error 0x80072efd, You can try following methods.
Step 1: Change Network Profile Permission from Registry Editor
Changing these permissions may resolve the error code 0x80072efd. To do it –
I hope, This method will work.
Step 2: Reset Windows Store and Delete Software Distribution Folder
Resetting windows store cache can fix any store related errors. To do it, –
Now, You have to delete contents from software distribution folder, If only resetting store doesn’t work. To do it –
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net start wuauserv
net start bits
Step 3: Troubleshoot Network Adapters and Internet Connections
Sometimes, Your PC driver may have problem or any misconfiguration issue. In that case, Windows Troubleshooter can help you to get rid of this and also fix the “error 0x80072EFD”. To do it,
You may encounter this error during updating windows too. Above solutions are applicable for it. But, You can follow these additional things.
Step 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting windows update can fix update related problems like ox80072efd. To do it,
Step 2: Perform Clean Boot
Clean boot helps to troubleshoot many windows problems. It just disables all third-party services. If any of the third-party services creates the problem, In this boot stage, You won’t face that problem. So, You should try to perform clean boot.
What if none of them works?
I can’t give you guarantee that these methods will work surely. If none of them works, You can search for solutions in other blogs and forums. If you still fail to fix error 0x80072EFD, You can try to reset or reinstall windows.