Windows users specially windows 10 PC / Mobile, 8 and windows phone 8.1 & 8 users may face error code 0x80073CF9 while installing or updating any apps from store. It can be happened in both PC and mobile. In PC, You get the message “Something happened and this app couldn’t be installed. Please try again. Error code: 0x80073CF9“. In mobile, You may get the following message “Try that again. Something went wrong. The error code is 0x80073CF9, in case you need it“. So, It is very important to know the fixes for both PC and Mobile.
In this article, I will try to provide you best solutions. As the problem appears in both mobile and PC platforms, Here is the index of this article. It will help you to get your solutions more quickly.
- Fix Error 80073CF9 in PC
- Resolve Error Code 80073CF9 in Windows 10 Mobile
- Fix Error 80073CF9 in Windows Phone 8.1 / 8
As this is an issue for both PC and mobile users, I’ll describe the fixes separately. At first, Know the solutions for PC users. Here are thee steps:
Step 1: Reset Windows Store
For any store related error you must reset the cache of Windows store. To do it-
- Open Run by pressing Windows Key + R
- Type wsreset and press Enter
Now, Try to install your desired app and see if you still face the problem. If it does work, It will be a great thing. Otherwise, Follow next steps.
Step 2: Check Region / Time and Date
This is another method to fix error code 0x80073CF9. If your time, date and region are not correct, You may face it. So, Correct them all. To do it-
- Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region
- And open the needed functions to correct them
After doing it, Restart your PC and check if you are still facing the problem.
Step 3: Create AUInstallAgent / AppReadiness Folder
It is another effictive way to fix windows store error 0x80073CF9. To do it –
- Navigate to C:\Windows\ and check if there is AUInstallAgent and AppReadiness folder.
- You may see any of them are missing. So, Create the missing folder manually and restart your PC.
Now, Try to install any app from store and see if you are still encountering the problem.
Step 4: Run Some Commands
Running these command mentioned below can be helpful for you. Just press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin). Now, Type these following command separately and press Enter for each commands.
net stop wuauserv
rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
net start wuauserv
Step 5: Delete OLE Folder from Registry (Do with caution)
I found online that deleting OLE folder can fix error 0x80073CF9. But as it is in registry, You should take a backup before deleting it. Anyway, Here is how to delete it –
- Open Run. Type regedit and press Enter.
- Now, Press CTRL + F, Check Keys and Match whole string only and type OLE. Then press Enter.
- You will see the OLE folder. Just backup it and delete it from the regsitry Editor.
Please, Note that it can fix or cause another issue in your Windows. So, Do it with your own risk. Anyway, After doing it, Try to install or update app from windows store and see what happens.
Step 6: Run Clean Boot to Fix Error 0x80073CF9
Sometimes, Third-party services may create the problem. In that case, You will need to perform clean boot in your PC by disabling third-party services. Then check if you still face the problem. If you see everything is OK, Try to find out the service which one is creating error 0x80073CF9. Then boot into normal mode.
Step 7: Run SFC Command
SFC command is an easy solution to fix some windows related problem. If any missing or damaged system files create the problem, It should work. I have described more in another article how to fix corrupted system files.
Any of the above methods should fix the error 0x80073CF9.
I’ve already told you that, This error can appear in your windows mobile devices too. In that case, You will have to do these things –
- You will need to check the time, date and region and correct them. Then restart your mobile.
- If you are still facing the issue, You may need to try from different network. For example: If you are using Wi-Fi network to install app from windows store, Try to do it from different Wi-Fi zone or cellular network.
- Another thing you can do is disabling some background apps. To do it go to Settings > System > Battery Server > Battery Use > Change Background App Settings. Then disable the apps from running in background which are unnecessary. Then close all active windows and try to install app from store and see if you are still facing error 0x80073CF9.
- Sometimes, All of the above methods may make you disappointed. In that case, You can reset your mobile. To do it – Go to Settings > System > About and tap on Reset.
Well, It is pretty similar method. You can read my another article: Fix Windows Phone Error 80073CF9. There, I’ve mentioned which steps you will need to follow to get rid of this issue.
I hope, This article will help you to fix error 0x80073CF9. If you know any better solution, You can share with us.