The error 0xc1900403 may appear when you try to update Windows 10. It is too stubborn to fix. But, This article contains some excellent tricks that can help you to fix this windows update error 0xc1900403.
In last week, I encountered this error code while installing the cumulative update KB4088776 for Windows 10 1709 build. I thought it was like other ordinary issues. I tried several methods. Thanks to God!. One of them worked.
Usually, Any update related problems occur when there is a network problem, conflicts with third-party antivirus or firewall or the downloaded update file gets corrupted. If some other update components become corrupted, you also may face the similar windows update related problems.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0xc1900403
Now, You will know the full procedure to repair this error step by step. Here are they-
Step 1: Disable Firewall and Antivirus
First of all, You will have to disable your third-party antivirus and firewall temporarily. To do it, you can right-click on the antivirus/firewall icon on the taskbar and choose to disable or similar option. Some antivirus programs don’t let users to deactivate them temporarily. In this case, I suggest you perform the clean boot. But, Don’t forget to back to normal boot after troubleshooting the error 0xc1900403.
Step 2: Reset Windows Update Component
At this moment, You will need to take steps to reset these components. However, You can just run some commands in the command prompt to do it quickly. It is the shortcut way. Here are the instructions.
- First of all, Open the start menu, type cmd, right click on the command prompt and choose run as administrator.
- Now, Run those commands.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.bak /s
- After that, Go to C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 and delete everything in this folder. But, Keep that catroot2 folder empty.
- After that, run the following commands.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Now, This is the final step. You will need to run the windows update troubleshooter. It will fix error 0xc1900403. Here are the instructions.
- At first, Press on Win + I on the keyboard. It will open Windows 10 settings window.
- From there, Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Now, Find the option Windows Update and click on it. Then, Click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and it may prompt something like Apply the fixes. Just click on it.
Running the troubleshooter should finish successfully, and it will also check for the new updates automatically. This time, You won’t encounter the Windows update error 0xc1900403.
After fixing this problem, you can enable the antivirus program and also can boot into normal mode.
Sometimes, Only a single step can be enough to solve this problem. Let me know which one has fixed error 0xc1900403 for you.