Recently a new google play store error has been appeared. It is error 963. When you try to install or update any apps from play store, You may face it. Error 963 appears with a message like this ‘*com.xtremerain* could not be downloaded due to an error (963)’. It can be happened for any apps. So, App name can be different. This error is more very common for HTC One, Desire or M series smartphone users. Some, Samsung users have faced this problem too. Personally, I faced it in my HTC Desire 728 mobile.
Why Google Play Store Error 963:
Error 963 may have some different reasons. But the most common reasons are –
- If you download app in SD card, You may face 963.
- Corrupted Download Manager cache or any fault related to it.
- Play store app cache may be corrupted.
- Updated play store app is also responsible for error 963.
How to Fix Error 963 by Following These Methods:
Now you will learn how to fix error 963. These are some methods to fix this error.
Method 1: Clearing App Cache
I mentioned above that app cache may be responsible for error 963. So try to clear it. To do it-
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Now select Google Play Store.
- Then tap on clear cache and clear data.
- Again open Setting > Apps.
- Then select the app which is showing error 963.
- Clear its cache & data.
Method 2: Clear Download Manager Cache to Fix Error 963
I’ve already mentioned, Corrupted download manager cache can cause this problem. In that case, I would like to suggest you to clear its cache and data. To do it –
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Now, Slide your screen and open all apps.
- Find or search the apps name Download Manager and Downloads.
- Open and tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Now, Restart your phone and try to install the app from play store and see if you still face the problem.
Method 3: Unmounting SD Card
Unmounting SD card may fix error 963. So at first unmount SD card. Then download or update your desired app. After succesfully updating or installing app, Re-Mount SD card. To unmount & Re-Mount SD card follow the instructions below –
- For unmounting SD card, Navigate to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card.
- For re-mounting SD card, Navigate to Settings > Storage > Re-mount SD Card.
Method 4: Moving App to Internal Memory
If 1st and 2nd methods fails to fix error 963, Move your app to internal memory. To do it –
- Navigate to Settings > Apps
- Select your app.
- Then Move to Internal storage.
Method 5: Downgrading Google Play Store
Recent update of Google Play Store may cause error 963. So you can roll back to the older google play store. To do it –
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Tap on Google play Store.
- Then tap on Uninstall Updates.
I hope all of the methods mentioned above will help you to fix error 963. If you know any better solution, You can share with us by comment.