Fix Error Code 0xC0070643 While Installing AVGAugust 24, 2018
- Download the AVG Removal Tool. You can find it on their official website.
- Once you have the installer downloaded, simply run the setup and follow the instructions shown.
- Once download is finished, reboot your PC.
- Open up your PC and try to install or uninstall AVG Antivirus and check if the Error Code 0xC0070643 still pops up. At this point, it shouldn’t be a problem anymore.
- Open Run Command by pressing and holding Windows Key + R
- Type “Regedit” and press enter
- A window will pop up asking for permission to make changes. Choose Yes
- Registry Editor will open up. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/AVG and delete the Key Folder.
- Reboot your PC and try installing or uninstalling AVG Antivirus now. Most likely this will solve your problem.
This article is about Error 0xC0070643. There are various antivirus software around that can easily be installed in order to protect your PC from any damage that may come from hackers or accidental click of a link. While you can choose from the array of software available, it’s recommended to choose one that’s most popular and trusted by consumers. AVG is one of the software that many use, with many positive feedbacks coming from its users.
Error Code 0xC0070643 on AVG
But a downfall would have to be trying to solve the problem when receiving the Error Code 0xC0070643. This pops up when installing or uninstalling the AVG software. It’s a Setup Error and also an error that comes up when uninstalling it from the Program in the Control Panel.
Antivirus software is becoming more complicated with more features being added onto it. But the lucky thing is that they’re fairly easy to get once you start using it. Uninstallers are needed in order to fully remove everything in a software, and thankfully, AVG has their own removal tool to do just that.
What’s the Removal Tool?
This is a feature that is in many antivirus software that completely wipes out all traces of the software, leaving no traces and freeing up more space in your PC. To remove this Error Code 0xC0070643, you will need AVG’s Removal Tool.
How to Fix AVG Error Code 0xC0070643
Now here’s how to fix and remove Error Code 0xC0070643 from popping up when installing or uninstalling AVG:
Still Getting the Error Code 0xC0070643?
If ever you have done all the steps above and the problem still persists, then you’ll have to manually check if there are any traces of AVG Antivirus left on your PC and delete them by yourself.
This may seem like a daunting task, especially if you have a lot of files on your PC, but it’s actually a pretty simple process that can be done in no time. But this will have you check the Registry Entries, which can damage your PC if done wrong. So remember to follow the steps carefully and do this at your own risk.
If the problem still persists, then you can contact AVG Antivirus and have them fix error code 0xC0070643 for you.