How to Fix INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND on Microsoft EdgeAugust 31, 2018
- At first, Press on Win + R key to open Run.
- Then, Type ncpa.cpl and hit enter. It will open Network Connections window.
- Now, Right click on the connection that you are using and go to properties.
- After that, Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- Now, Check “Use the following DNS server addresses,” and set them as 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.You also can use other public DNS addresses.
- Then, Save the settings.
- First of all, Open the Command Prompt. You can open the start menu, type cmd and hit enter to open it.
- Now, Run the following commands.
- At first, Open Edge.
- Type about:flags in the address bar and press enter.
- Find Enable TCP Fast Open and uncheck it.
- Then, Restart Edge.
- At first, Open the command prompt as administrator. You can type cmd in the start menu, right click on the command prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Now, Type the following commands and hit enter for each.
- Now, Reboot your PC.
- At first, Press on Win + I on the keyboard. It will open Settings.
- Now, Go to Apps. Then, Find and click on Microsoft Edge and click on Advanced Options.
- Click on Reset. You also can click on Repair button to see if it works.
- First of all, Open Control Panel.
- Now, Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts.
- Then, Click on Change User Account Control settings.
- Now, You can up and down the slider to change the settings.
- At first, Open the start menu, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. It will open Windows Device Manager.
- Now, Expand the Network Adapter from the list. Right-click on the appropriate driver and choose “Update Driver” to update it and “Uninstall” to remove it.
Encountering errors on web browsers is not uncommon. This post aims to provide you the best solutions to fix INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND on Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft releases update regularly for Windows 10. Each update comes with new features as well as bug fixes. But, Sometimes, It also brings new problems. Generally, Users may encounter Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND after installing any update. Because Microsoft releases Edge updates along with Windows updates. It doesn’t have any standalone update feature. By the way, You can quickly solve this problem.
By the way, Users usually face this problem when they try to visit any specific web pages. Sometimes, It occurs for all web pages. When it appears, users see the following messages.
The DNS server might be having problems.
The connection to the DNS server timed out.
There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.
The DNS name doesn’t exist
The Server or proxy was not found.
The website could not be found.
Along with this one
Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.
The problem can be a result of DNS issue. But, Somethings on Windows also may cause this problem. One of the cumulative updates can be the main reason behind this issue.
Fix INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
You can follow some practical methods to repair this error on Windows 10. But, Before that, I recommend you make sure the time and date settings are correct. You also can disable antivirus and firewall to see if it helps. Else, You can restart the modem or router before going through actual troubleshooting methods. By the way, Here are the most working ways to get rid of this edge error.
1. Change and Flush DNS
The problem can be a result of wrong or corrupt DNS settings. So, To fix this Microsoft Edge error, you can change the DNS settings and then flush DNS. Here are the required instructions.
Now, You will have to flush DNS. To do it, follow these things.
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew
It should fix INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. To verify, open Edge browser and visit the web page where you were encountering the problem.
2. Disable TCP Fast Open
If you are using the latest Windows 10 build, this option may not be available for you. So, You can skip. By the way, If you are not using the latest build, do following things.
It should fix the problem.
3. Reset TCP/IP
This one is another excellent working method to troubleshoot INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. You can reset TCP/IP on Windows 10. It works perfectly for this type of connectivity problems. To do it, you will need to use some commands. Here is the full information.
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
It should resolve the problem on Edge.
4. Reset Microsoft Edge
If you already have tried the first three methods, you can consider resetting Edge to fix INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. To reset Edge, follow these instructions.
5. Change UAC Settings
Changing UAC settings is one of the most working methods. So, You also can try this one. To do it, follow these steps.
After changing UAC settings, try to open edge and visit the problematic webpage. I hope you will no longer encounter the problem again.
6. Update/Re-install Network Adapter
Sometimes, This problem may arise due to a problem with your Wi-Fi or network driver. In this case, Updating or re-installing the driver can solve INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND error. To update Wi-Fi adapter, follow these instructions.
If you uninstall, rebooting PC will automatically install it again. If you want to get clear instructions about updating driver, read this guide on how to update drivers conveniently.
Hopefully, It will fix your problem.
7. Re-Install Windows
Probably, This one is the last thing that you can try to fix this problem. And it should work. You may get a suggestion to re-install edge to get rid of the problem. In fact, The process to re-install default app in Windows 10 is not common. Uninstalling and re-installing edge may make your PC unstable. So, You can re-install Windows. It will solve the problem.
These are the most working solutions to fix INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND on Microsoft Edge. Have you already solved this problem? Which one has worked for you? You can let me know in the comment box.