In Windows 10, Users may encounter various problems with Wi-Fi. Particularly, Internet connection issue has become very common. In this article, You will know about some ways to fix “No Internet, secured” error on wifi of windows 10.
Many users may notice several problems after upgrading to Windows 10 or after anniversary or creators update. No internet connection in Wi-Fi is one of the major issues. Sometimes, You may notice that you are connected to the Wi-Fi, But it is saying there is no internet connection or limited connection etc. Other devices on the same Wi-Fi zone is working fine. The only problem is with your PC. It is happening after upgrading to windows 10 or after installing any major updates. This is a very common problem. I’ve also faced it. But, I was lucky enough to resolve this problem.
Reasons Behind No Internet Secured on Windows 10:
It is hard to mention any particular reasons which cause this type of wifi issues in windows. There are many reasons. However, Here the most common causes.
- Incorrect IP configuration or settings.
- Problems on network driver.
- Windows registry error.
- Misconfigured network settings.
- Antivirus or firewall.
- Corrupted system files.
How to Fix No Internet, Secured Problem on Wi-Fi in Windows
Fortunately, I found several solutions to fix this problem. You can try them to get rid of no internet connection issue on wifi. However, Before following these methods, I recommend you to change your DNS addresses to see if it fixes no internet, secured on wifi in windows 10.
Sometimes, It belongs to your ISP. So, You may consider to contact your ISP to get help. Anyway, Here are the troubleshooting methods you will have to follow.
Solution 1: Run Network Troubleshooter
It is a common suggestion. When you encounter any problems that restrict you from connecting to the internet, you should immediately run windows network troubleshooter. It may fix no internet secured error. Here are instructions.
- At first, Press on Win + I keys on the keyboard. It will open Settings.
- Now, Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Then, Find and click on the “Internet Connections”. And then click on “Run the troubleshooter”.
- After troubleshooting, restart your PC and see if it works.
Solution 2: Try Network Reset
It helps to fix no internet issue on wi-fi in windows 10, if it starts occurring after upgrading to windows 10 or after installing a major update. To reset network, follow these instructions.
- First of all, Click on Start and choose gear icon to open Settings.
- Now, Navigate to Network & Internet > Status.
- Then, Scroll down and find Network Reset and click on it.
- Click on Reset Now. It will restart your computer and reinstall all network components and adapters.
In most cases, It fixes common internet connection issues in windows 10. So, It also may help you with your problem.
Solution 3: Update Network Adapters
Still encountering that problem? You probably should update network drivers. It may work like a charm. If you don’t know how to do it, simply follow this article: How to Update Drivers
Solution 4: Temporarily Disable Firewall or Antivirus
Sometimes, Your antivirus or firewall may interrupt internet connection. In that case, Disabling them may fix this no internet, secured error. If you think your antivirus or firewall is blocking the connection, You can do it.
Solution 5: Tweak WiFi Bandwidth Setting
According to a few people, Tweaking wifi bandwidth frequency in windows 10 may fix no internet, secured issue. You may try it and see if it helps. Here are relevant instructions:
- At first, Press Win + R from the keyboard.
- Now, Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter. It will launch Network Connection window.
- However, You should see a list of network adapters and connections there. Just right click on the active wifi connection and choose Properties.
- Then, Click on Configure.
- Now, Go to Advanced tab.
- From property, find an option something like Bandwidth or Bandwidth Capability.
- Then, Set it to 11b/g:20MHz. If it is already set to this one, Try to set it to 11b/g:20/40MHz.
- Now, Save this setting.
If you are lucky, It may solve no internet, secured on Wi-Fi in Windows 10.
Solution 6: Re-Enable Wireless Network Drivers
It is a very common method to fix limited wifi connection problem. You can do it from your windows device manager. To do it –
- At first, Open RUN by press Windows Key + R.
- Then, Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open windows device manager.
- Now, Expand Network Adapters and Right click on the network / wireless drivers.
- Then, Click on Disable.
- Do the reverse things to re-enable these drivers.
- It should work.
Solution 7: Try these Commands
In several tech blogs like The Windows Club, I found several commands that may help to fix the similar problems. See, How you have to run these commands –
- First of all, Open start menu and type cmd. You should see Command Prompt. Just right click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Then, Try these commands.
At first, Run this command-
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
Then this one-
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
And at last, This one-
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- Now, Restart your computer. It should fix the problem. If it doesn’t help, Run the following command.
sc config licensemanager type=own
- Again, Restart your PC. It should fix no internet, secured in windows 10.
Solution 8: Reset Connections
This is another method to get rid of the issue. According to some users, This is very much helpful to troubleshoot wifi no internet issues in windows 10 or 8.1. You can reset network connections and flush DNS. t may help, if everything goes through right way.
Solution 9: Run netcfg –d Command
This is the method that worked for me. According to Microsoft –
This command can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows toWindows 10, as well as fix problems where you can connect to the Internet, but not to shared network drives. It removes any network adapters you have installed and the settings for them. After you restart your PC, any network adapters are reinstalled and the settings for them are set to the defaults.
To run this command –
- First of all, Open Command Prompt as administrator like before.
- Now, Type netcfg –d and press Enter.
- You may get an error, But don’t worry. When you see the message Press Any Key to Continue, Hit any of the buttons on the keyboard. After that computer should restart itself automatically. If it says unable to restart, You have to do it manually.
- After restarting your PC, You should not see any No internet connection related errors in Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Solution 10: Modify Power Management Settings for Wi-Fi Connection
Sometimes, You may experience that your Wi-Fi is showing no internet connection problem after a long time inactivity or just wake up from sleep stage. Probably, Your power management settings are the reason behind this problem. In that case, You can do these things –
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings and then double click on your Wi-Fi connection.
- Click on Properties and then click on Configure.
- Then click on Power Management tab.
- Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Then, Click on OK and Apply.
- Now, Restart your PC and see the problem has gone away.
Alternative Methods to Fix No Internet Connection / Limited Connection in Wi-Fi Problem:
I hope you will get the problem fixed by these methods given above. Unfortunately, These may not work. In that case, You can open PC in clean boot mode. Then, Try to connect to Wi-Fi and see if the problem becomes solved. However, If you still face the no internet connection problem, I would like to suggest you repair corrupted system files.
If nothing works, Reset or refresh windows. Or you can do clean windows installation. But, Before that, i recommend you to search on google to find more solutions regarding this problem.