I already shared some android and play store related errors and their solutions. But, At this moment, I’m here to introduce best working solution for an offer redemption error of Google specially for android users. You may be familiar with the following error message –
This offer cannot be redeemed because of a system error. Please update google drive and try again. –400 (Parse Error)
I faced this problem with Google Drive. But you may face it during redeeming offer at play store or any other google services. This problem is frequently seen in HTC and Samsung mobiles. Users may face some other common issues. You can know about them from here: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/3333549?hl=en
Reasons Behind Offer Cannot be Redeemed – 400 at HTC or Samsung Mobiles:
This error can be occurred for several reasons. But most of the times –
- It app or operating system problems cause this error.
- Network error or VPN also may cause it.
- Google’s server problem can be responsible for it.
If server problem causes this error, Trying later may fix the problem. But if other two are the reasons, You have to follow the solutions that i’ve mentioned below.
How to Fix Offer Cannot be Redeemed – System Error – 400 (Parse Error):
I already shared about Parse Error of android. But it is a little bit different. Clearing cache and data may fix it. But it has very low possibility. So, You can fix it by following only 3 steps.
Step 1: Trying from Different Network
If you are using VPN, Turn it off temporarily. Then restart your phone and try to redeem again. You also can do it from different Wi-Fi or cellular network. It may fix this offer redemption error.
Step 2: Updating App
In the error message, It is clearly mentioned to update your app. So, Do it and then try to redeem that offer again. If it was an bug of your app, It will fix that issue.
Step 3: Updating Android Version to Fix Offer Redemption Error
Actually, This is the method that worked for me. After buying HTC 728 Desire with Android 5.0 Lolipop, I was facing Offer cannot be redeemed –400 error. I tried first two steps + some more steps. But i failed to get rid of this problem. But, After upgrading my android version from 5.0 to 5.1, I could fix this error. So, You should check for new android version update for your android phone. To do it –
- Go to Settings > About.
- Now tap on Software Update.
- It will check for the new version update automatically. If you find a minor version update is available, You should get the update. I mean 5.0 to 5.1. But personally, I don’t like to update my device to a major version. Like 5.0 to 6.0. Because, It may create many app incompatibility issues.
- Anyway, After updating your android to newer minor version, You have to open the app and try to redeem your offer again. I hope, It will fix This offer cannot be redeemed because of a system error.
If you know any better solution, You can share with us by comment.