Definately, Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular desktop apps to manage email and calendar. It is included with microsoft office. People like it for its user friendly interface and features. But, Sometimes, Users may face problem in it. Specially, In office 2016, 2013 or 2010, People often report about an error. It is “Microsoft outlook stuck on loading profile”. To fix this problem, I’ll give some tips in this article.
This can be an internal problem of outlook desktop app. But, Sometimes, Third-party programs can cause this issue. It is pretty easy to resolve.
How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile:
Normally, Relaunching outlook or restarting computer fixes this problem. But, These may work or may not. So, We will follow some perfect unique methods to solve this outlook hangs problem.
1. Disable Outlook Add-ins in Safe Mode:
First of all, You should try this method to fix microsoft outlook stuck on loading profile. Outlook has some add-ons that have several benefits. But, Sometimes, You may face problem for them. So, I suggest you to disable them in safe mode. But, Don’t be confused. I’m not talking about booting into safe mode. I’m referring to running outlook in safe mode!. Anyway, Here are the full instructions.
- At first, Press Win + R. It will open RUN.
- Now, Type outlook /safe and hit Enter.
- It will open Microsoft Outlook desktop app in safe mode.
- You should not face any stuck problem now. So, Navigate to File > Options > Add-ins.
- Now, Beside Manage select COM-Addins and click on Go.
- You will see all add-ins list in new window. Here, You can remove or disable any add-ons that you think is guilty for creating the problem. I suggest you to disable all and enable one by one to see which one actually causes the problem.
- I hope, Above steps will “fix outlook stuck at loading profile”.
2. Use Outlook Inbox Repair Tool:
Most of you may not know about this tool. But, It is really an awesome tool that can fix so many outlook related problems. You can use it to solve outlook stuck at loading profile. Here are the steps to follow.
- At first, Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16. It depends on your office version. I’m using office 2016, So i have choosed 16. I’m using 64 bit PC and my office is 32 bit. So, I had to go to Program Files (x86). Sometimes, You may need to choose only Program Files.
- Now, Find SCANPST.EXE and open it.
- Select pst or nst files from here C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
- Click on Start to scan. If you see repair button. Click on it.
I hope, It will resolve our problem. If it doesn’t help, Follow next methods.
3. Check in Clean Boot to Fix Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile:
If first two methods fail, You should try opening Outlook desktop app in clean boot state. If any third-party programs cause this problem, You won’t encounter outlook stuck on loading profile problem in clean boot. In that case, You will have to find out which programs or services are causing problem. I know, It is a bit tough. So, You can uninstall or disable recently installed / enabled programs and services. I hope, It will help you to fix outlook stuck on loading profile problem.
4. Delete Profile:
Deleting outlook profile is another way to resolve outlook stuck at loading profile problem. It is really easy to do. You can remove it from control panel. Here are instructions:
- At first, Go to Control Panel > Users Account.
- Click on Mail.
- Now, Click on Show Profiles.
- Then, Delete existing profile and launch outlook.
- I hope, It will solve outlook hangs at loading profile issue.
If this doesn’t work, You may need to delete profile from registry. If you don’t know how to do it, Here are the instructions.
- At first, Open run, Type regedit and hit Enter.
- In windows registry editor, Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 16.0 > Outlook > Profiles.
- Now, Find the folder outlook and right click on it and delete it.
You also can delete profile by doing this:
- Open RUN %LOCALAPPDATA%\MIcrosoft\Outlook and hit Enter.
- Find your profiles and delete.
Hopefully, It will fix microsoft outlook stuck on loading profile.
5. Disable Hardware Graphic Acceleration
It is another effective way to get rid of the problem. Here are the necessary steps.
- Open Outlook in safe mode like before.
- Now, Navigate to File > Options > Advanced.
- Find Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration in display section and check it.
- Now, Click on OK. Relaunch Outlook desktop normally.
- It should help to solve outlook stuck at loading profile problem.
6. Repair Microsoft Office:
Normally, These 5 methods are enough to troubleshoot this problem. But, If you want another method, It can be a very good option. Repairing microsoft office can repair outlook stuck on loading profile error. You can do it by following these steps.
- Right Click on Start Menu and Choose Programs and Features.
- Find microsoft office and right click on it.
- Then, Choose Change.
- Now, You can choose any of these following options: Quick Repair & Online Repair. Then, Click on Repair.
- I suggest at first try quick repair. If it fails, Try another one.
These are 6 most effective methods. But, There are some other things you can do. Repairing hard disk issue, Reinstalling Microsoft office etc. I hope, These suggestions will help you to troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook stuck at loading profile problem. You can share any method in comment box which works for you but i have not mentioned here.