How to Fix Page Fault In Nonpaged Area [Solved]July 4, 2019
- Restart your PC.
- This time press F12/F1/Del at the first stage of booting. These not the main function key for all motherboards. At first, You will need to be sure which one is the function key to open BIOS.
- In BIOS, Find and disable Memory Cache.
- Now, Save this configuration and exit.
- First of all, Open start menu, type cmd, right click on the command prompt and choose run as administrator.
- Now, Type chkdsk /f /r and hit enter. Then, Press Y and enter.
- Restart your PC.
- At first, Open the start menu, type sysdm.cpl and hit enter. It will open system properties window.
- Now, Go to Advanced tab and then click on Settings under performance section.
- In the new window, You will see another tab called Advanced. Go there.
- Then, Click on Change. It will Virtual Memory window.
- Now, Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers.
- Select local disk C and check custom size.
- Give minimum and maximum file size value and save the settings.
- Then, Restart your PC.
- First of all, Go to the virtual memory window like before.
- Now, Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives and check No paging file.
- Then, Restart your PC and you should no longer encounter that BSOD again.
- To do this, Go to Control Panel>Device Manager. You also can open RUN and type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open windows device manager.
- Now, Right click on the drivers with a yellow exclamation sign. Click on Update Driver Software… and follow the instructions.
- If it fails, You can uninstall or disable it.
- If you have the latest drivers software, You can install it. For more details, You can visit your PC manufacturer’s website and download most recent drivers.
- When you are in lock screen, Click on Power Button. It will open three options, Restart, Shutdown, and Sleep.
- Press and hold shift key from keyboard and click on Restart. Don’t release shift key until any changes. You may see “please wait” or something else.
- Then, Wait for a few seconds. You will be in a new window where you will need to click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings.
- Now, It should restart your PC.
- After restarting, You will have primary options for safe mode.
- In safe mode, configure your PC to create small minidump and then restart again.
- It will bring you to normal boot mode. When you face page fault in nonpaged area again, Your PC will create a small minidump file.
- Then, You will have to boot into safe mode again.
- Open dump file in blue screen viewer. I’ve explained what is this in the article I mentioned above.
- It will highlight the driver or services that caused a problem on your PC.
- Then, It will be easy for you to fix your problem.
If you are seeking for the best solutions to fix Page fault in nonpaged area, you are at the right place. In this post, You will know about its most effective solutions and some other important details about this error.
Most desktop and laptop users are using windows as their primary operating system. “Page fault in nonpaged” area is a terrible BSOD that appears on both desktop and laptop. Previously, I’ve already shared the solutions of DPC watchdog violation error. That is similar to this error. But, There is a little difference you will find when you try to repair page fault in nonpaged area.
In fact, It’s an annoying problem. Usually, It appears temporarily and gets fixed by an automatic restart. But if this problem keeps repeating, this will be a big issue. It is a terrible thing that some users are encountering this blue screen of death within a minute of booting up. As a result, They can’t do anything to solve this problem. Not only this, They are even experiencing restart loops. Especially, Recent Windows 10 build users and some 8 / 8.1 users are facing this error more. Though, It can be seen in Windows 7, Vista even XP.
Users may see error codes like STOP: 0X00000050, STOP: 0x50, etc. with this BSOD. But, Some users reported they saw driver name like ntfs.sys or a name like ntoskrnl.exe when this blue screen error appears. To fix this page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error, You won’t need to follow different solutions for these error codes.
Reasons Behind Page Fault In Nonpaged Area:
It is tough to identify which program or thing is causing this problem. But, It is quite sure why this issue appears. Before troubleshooting any problem, You should know a bit detailed about it. Because Knowing the actual reasons can make it easy to “fix page fault in nonpaged area.”
In your RAM, There is a place called nonpaged area. You know, Your PC may use a small part of the hard disk as the alternative of RAM when actual RAM is handling too much data. That part of hard drive and RAM always swap page files between them. But, Nonpaged area is still safe from it, and it should be. Because It contains the always required data that should not be moved or modified. Some third-party programs, antivirus like Norton, AVG, Avast which may have access to the nonpaged area. They may corrupt or altered any data of that area. When your system fails to find its required data in the nonpaged area, Windows shows you the error “Page_fault_in_Nonpaged_Area” in blue screen. Again hardware or driver problem may cause this problem. Any faulty RAM stick also can be responsible for this BSOD error.
The Bad Effect:
For this problem, system restore may not work. Even system may become crashed frequently. You may lose your valuable data. Some hardware may not work correctly. And you may not be able to access Windows PC completely.
How to Fix Page Fault In Nonpaged Area in Windows 10, 8, 7:
Uninstalling recently installed or updated drivers or Updating windows and all of its drivers can cure your PC of this BSOD. But it is not the only solution. To fix page fault in nonpaged area, You may need to go through some advanced ways. Here they are.
Method 1: Last Known Good Configuration
First of all, Restart your PC. When your PC is booting up, You will see the black screen with white text. It’s the first stage. At this stage press F8 key on your keyboard and hold it. Now you will see Windows Advanced Options Menu. Select Last Known Good Configuration and press enter. Your PC will be restart automatically. It will stop page fault in nonpaged area temporarily.
Note: In Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10, You have to enable F8 key function manually. To learn how to allow F8 key, Read this article: Enable F8 Key. If you want to boot into safe mode in Windows 10 easily, Here is the solution: Boot Into Safe Mode in Windows 10
Method 2: Disable Memory Cache
Some motherboard BIOS/UEFI have the option to disable memory cache. It is a very good way to troubleshoot page fault in nonpaged area. To do it,
If you can’t do it, look at the manufacturer website to see how to do it.
Anyway, After doing it, You may think you almost fixed the blue screen of death error. But there is another step in hand. Follow the method 3.
Method 3: Run chkdsk to Repair Hard Disk Errors
Windows 10 users may face this error due to the bad sector on the hard disk or SSD. To get rid of this situation, chkdsk command can the best option. To do it, follow these things.
It will automatically find and fix common hard disk issues.
These three steps will fix page fault in nonpaged area blue screen error of your Windows and prevent it from coming back.
Above methods apply to any versions of windows. But, Here are some methods you can try to solve this blue screen error in modern operating systems.
Method 4: Set Custom Page Size
This one is one of the most working solutions for this blue screen of death. Setting custom paging file size can remove page fault in nonpaged area problem. If you don’t know how to do it, follow these instructions.
It should fix your problem. To know about page file more, read this article.
Method 5: Disable Paging
As this problem is related to the page file, you can disable automatic paging to fix page fault in nonpaged area. If you have sufficient RAM like 16 GB, 32 GB on your PC, this method can be ideal for you. To do it, follow these steps
Note: Some users may not be able to disable automatic paging. In that case, They will need to follow other solutions to fix page fault in nonpaged area.
Method 6: Uninstall / Disable or Update
Sometimes this nonpaged area BSOD is caused by corrupted drivers. In this case, You have to update/ disable/ uninstall/ reinstall drivers.
Method 7: Fixing RAM Problems
The memory problem is probably another reason. So, To fix Page Fault In Nonpaged Area in Windows PC, You can check for your RAM problems by Running Windows Memory Diagnostic.
If there is any problem with your RAM. Turn off your PC. Now disconnect the RAM stick and connect it again correctly. Hopefully, it will fix Page Fault In Nonpaged Area blue screen error. You also may read this article for more RAM fixes.
Analyze Small Memory Dumps to Fix Page Fault in NonPaged Area:
In fact, It is a perfect way to fix any blue screen problem. If you find any driver name related to this error, You can roll back / Update or Upgrade / Reinstall or Remove that driver. It should fix this BSOD. But at first, You will need to configure your PC to create small memory dump. Then you will be able to analyze it. I’ve written another article where I gave explicit instructions how you can find out which drivers or services are causing page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. You can read: Analyze Minidump and Fix BSOD. In fact, it is the best way to resolve any kinds of BSOD error.
Fix If Page Fault in NonPaged Area Appears Right After Opening PC:
Note: Sometimes, You may not be able to follow my instructions as this nonpaged area blue screen of death appear after a few seconds of your PC startup. In that case, I always recommend you to boot into safe mode and follow my instructions. Especially, This minidump method. For your better experience, I’m giving a shortcut instructions:
If you don’t understand your dump file, You can post it to Microsoft Answer Forum. Any moderator will help you. I believe, In case, You are not successful with other solutions, This method will work and fix page fault in nonpaged area.
If none of these works, You can try fixing corrupted windows system files. Sometimes, It works. To learn how you will do it, Read this article: Repair Corrupted System Files
Yes, It is possible that all method may fail. In that case, I suggest you to try to replace your RAM stick with new one and see if it does help.
I hope, This article will be helpful to troubleshoot Page Fault In nonpaged Area problem. If you have any question, ask me in the comment box.