During downloading or updating app from Play Store, You can encounter various problems. Error 907 is one of them. Like other similar errors, You can fix it very easily by following common troubleshooting steps. Normally, This error comes with following similar message “*App* could not be downloaded due to an error. (907)”. Here, App will be replaced with the app you are going to update or download. It can be caused by several reasons.
Reasons Behind Error 907:
Normally, Corrupted cache or play store update is responsible. But, There may be other things. Here are common reasons.
- Corrupted Cache and data.
- Problematic Play Store update.
- Incorrect time, date or region.
- Downloader app is unresponsive or corrupted.
It may have other issues. But, We should know solution.
How to Fix Error 907 While Installing / Updating Android App from Google Play Store:
Before proceeding troubleshooting steps, You must check if your time, date and time zone settings are correct. To do it –
- Navigate to Settings > Date & Time.
- If you find anything wrong, You will have the option to correct time manually. But, Personally, I recommend you to mark Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.
After checking and completing above tasks, You can follow these methods to resolve error 907.
Clear Cache & Data and Restart Phone:
This is a boring suggestion indeed. But, When you face any play store updating or app downloading issue, You should try this one.
- Just go to Settings > Apps.
- Find Google Play Store, Google Play Framework and Google Play Services. Also find the app that you are trying to update.
- Tap on each app i mentioned above and then tap on Force stop, Clear Cache, Clear Data.
- Now, Turn your phone off and leave it for a minute. Then turn it on.
- Try to install or update app from play store and see what happens.
I hope, Above steps will fix play store error 907. If not, Follow next methods.
Check Downloader App:
Sometimes, Downloads and Download manager app may have issue that is causing your problem. So, I would like to recommend you to do following things.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps.
- Find Downloads and Download Manager or anything similar to them.
- Then, Check if they are disabled. You can enable them by taping on appropriate button.
- Now, Check if you are still facing error 907.
Uninstall Play Store Updates:
It is so easy to do. But, It is a common and boring suggestion too. But, Follow these things to do it.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store.
- Tap on Uninstall Updates.
- Now, Try to install your app. Android may prompt update play store. Just do it and then install or update your app.
I hope, This method will work great.
Move / Install App to Internal Storage:
Most of the time, You will face this problem, If your app is on SD card or you are gonna install app to SD card. As solution, You can follow below suggestions.
- Some users may set SD card as their default app installation storage by following any advanced methods. Do reverse to set your phone to install app directly in internal storage. Then, Try to install app. I hope, You won’t get that error again.
- If you are going to update any app that is already in SD card, Just move it to internal memory. Then try to update it and see what happens. Hopefully, It will fix google play store error 907.
Re-Mount SD Card:
According to many users, This method have fixed their problem. So, You also can try it.
- Go to Settings > Storage.
- Tap on Unmount SD card.
- Then tap on Mount SD card.
- Now, See if it works.
Clear Cache Partition to Fix Play Store Error 907 (Caution):
Normally, It is very simple to do. It should not do any harm. But, Some users may still face many issues with it. Even, It may cause important data loss. So, You can try it, but can’t blame me. Here are instructions.
- Switch off your phone or tab.
- Now, Press and hold Volume Down button + power button.
- When your phone shows light on screen, Release power button.
- Hold volume down until you see the android advanced boot menu.
- In boot menu, You will see several options. Choose Boot into recovery mode. Use volume up/down to navigate and power button to trigger.
- Now, You will see any options similar to “Clear cache partition”. Just choose it and press power button to trigger.
- Then, Return in boot loader and restart your device.
- After doing these things, You will not face error 907 anymore.
Note: For some smartphones, You may need to press and hold both vol up + vol down and power button.
Hope, This will help you. Please, let me know your feedback.