How to Fix RPC:S-5:AEC-0 in Google Play StoreAugust 25, 2018
- At first, Navigate to Settings > Accounts & Sync (Different android versions may have different name).
- Now, Tap on Google
- Then, Tap on the three dot along with your gmail account and choose Remove
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts & Sync
- Tap on (+) plus sign (some android versions may have add button)
- Now, Choose Google and add your account
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync
- Tap on Google and then tap on your gmail account.
- Now, Select the services that you want to sync with this account
- Go to Play Store
- Open Menu by taping on three lines
- Select My apps & games
- Now, You will see which apps need update. Then tap on Update all and wait for completing the process.
- Remove google account like before
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Tap on Google Play Store
- Tap on Force Stop, Clear data and Clear cache
- Do it for Google Play Services too
Android is a popular mobile OS where Google Play is the official app store. Almost all users prefer it as primary source to install any apps. But, Sometimes they may face an error message “Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]”. This is very common. You may see other error codes instead of RPC:S-5:AEC-0. It can stop you to download any apps from play store. Sometimes, this problem may appear temporarily. But you should know how you can fix this error. Because, Many peoples asked me that they couldn’t download apps from play store for this error and how to get rid of this. If you know the solution, You won’t need to ask for help like them.
Fix Google Play Error RPC:S-5:AEC-0
If you are lucky, You can fix it within a minute. I fixed it in android Lollipop version 5.1. But it will also work on Kitkat, Marshmallow and Beta version N. Let’s know how –
Step 1: Remove and Re-Add Google Account
To fix RPC:S-5:AEC-0 error, You can remove your google account. Then add it again. If you have several google accounts, You should remove and re-add all of them. It will fix this play store error and you will be able to download or install android apps again. To do it, Follow these instructions-
To add google account again –
After doing it, Restart your phone. Then, Try to download apps from play store. I hope no errors will stop you to install your desired app.
If you still fail to fix the problem, Remove account again. Then restart your phone. Then go to play store. It will promot a popup option to sign in into existing google account. Sign in with your account and see the magic. It should work.
But be careful, You will need to some other things. Otherwise your phone may not sync data with your account. To do it –
Step 2: Complete all App Updates to Fix Error RPC:S-5:AEC-0
Sometimes, Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0] may appear when your other apps needs to be updated. So, To fix this error, You may need to update all of your apps and then try to install your play store app. Just follow these instructions –
After doing all of these things, Try to install your app. If it still doesn’t help, Follow next step.
Step 3: Clear Data, Cache
First step is best one to fix rpc:s-5:aec-0. I could resolve it by that method. But, In this step, I will explain a possible solution. If you are lucky one, It may help. To fix the error, You have to clear data and cache. Just follow these things –
After doing these things, Try to install or update your desired app. I hope, It will fix can’t download app error RPC:S-5:AEC-0 in play store.