The error message “status_device_power_failure” may not be a familiar to most. But, Some windows users know how much annoying it is. But, It has solutions. You can fix it.
Typically, This error comes with the following message.
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
When Bluetooth or any other device stops working on Windows 10, you may dig deeper what’s happening. Then, You may find this error code. But, Don’t worry, many other users have faced the same problem and fixed it. The reason behind this error may differ. But, Solutions are same.
How to Fix Status_Device_Power_Failure in Windows 10
In fact, This error more when users try to use the Bluetooth. But, It can appear on other drivers too. By the way, You can quickly get rid of this problem by following these methods.
1. Update Windows
Microsoft is continuously releasing various fixes for common bugs through Windows update. So, You should check for the latest update and install if there is any available. It may fix status_device_power_failure error on Bluetooth. Here are the instructions.
- At first, Open Windows 10 Settings. You open it either from Start Menu or by pressing Win + I on the keyboard.
- Now, Go to Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Then, Click on Check for Update.
It should solve the problem. If not, follow next methods.
2. Remove Problematic Update
Usually, Windows update comes with various bug fixes. But, Sometimes, It may create new problems like status device power failure on your PC. You may have started encountering that Bluetooth or other drivers error after a recent Windows update. So, you probably should uninstall it. Then, See if it helps. To do it, do these things.
- First of all, Open the start menu, type appwiz.cpl and hit enter. It will open Programs and Features window.
- Now, Click on View Installed Updates.
- Then, Uninstall the recent update.
- Restart your computer.
It should fix Bluetooth error status_device_power_failure.
3. Update All Drivers
Probably, The drivers especially the Bluetooth driver is not compatible with the latest Windows 10. As a result, It’s not performing as expected. In this case, You should update the drivers to the newest version. It may remove the error from your computer. Here are the instructions.
- First of all, Open run by pressing on Win + R on the keyboard.
- Then, Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. It will open Windows Device Manager where you will see a list of all installed drivers on your PC.
- Now, Find the Bluetooth driver from the list and, right-click on it and choose “Update Driver.”
- Pick your preferred method to update it and follow onscreen instructions. By this way, Update Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) and all other drivers.
I know it may seem annoying to update all drivers one by one. But, You can do it automatically by using a third-party tool called Driver Booster. By the way, I have another article where I have instructed how a user can install the latest driver software most easily. Here it is. Read: How to Update Drivers Conveniently.
4. Re-Install the Problematic Driver
To repair status_device_power_failure error, you may need to re-install the Bluetooth/Sound/Intel MEI or any other drivers on your PC. To do it, follow these instructions.
- At first, Open the Device Manager again like method 3.
- Now, Right click on the driver you want and choose uninstall device. But, Make sure that you have checked “Delete the driver software for this device” when uninstalling.
- Then, Restart your laptop. It should automatically install the driver again. You can start using that particular device.
- But, If it doesn’t install, you can download the driver software from the manufacturer website and install. Or you can use Driver Booster to do it.
After installing, Restart your computer. It should fix the problem.
5. Tweak Power Management
It is another useful solution to troubleshoot status_device_power_failure. For some users, this problem may temporarily go away and return automatically. In this case, You probably can tweak the power management setting for the problematic driver if this option is available. To do it,
- Open the Device Manager like before.
- Now, Double click on the driver which one is showing you the error.
- Then, Go to Power Management tab and uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”
- Save the settings and restart your computer.
Now, See if it helps.
6. Update BIOS
Sometimes, It may be a subject to your motherboard BIOS. So, Often manufacturer support team suggest the users install the latest BIOS to fix this problem. You can read “How to Update BIOS/UEFI” to get clear instructions.
I hope any of the above methods will help to fix status_device_power_failure. But, For some users, it may be too stubborn to fix. They can restore the system to the previous version, repair corrupted system files or re-install Windows to get rid of this problem.
Do you know any other excellent methods to fix this problem?