Though this is a very old android issue in google play store, Some peoples are still facing application stuck at installing problem. You may need to install any app from play store, But you may experience that it is stuck at installing stage. Some peoples complained that their phone took a long time to install a small app. This is a common problem. If you have a slow internet connection or 2G internet, It is very much common issue. It will be a real matter of worry when you experience it in faster Wi-Fi, 3G / 4G connection. That’s why, I’m here to introduce some possible best solutions to fix app stuck at installing in google play store problem.
Reasons Behind App Stuck on Installing:
Except slow connection issue, This problem can be caused by software or hardware problems. So, These are the possible reasons behind this error –
- Doing another background task.
- Older smartphone.
- New smartphone / tab with older processors.
- Corrupted or problematic SD Cards or phone memory.
- Corrupted cache and data.
- Third-party app specially antiviruses.
How to Fix Android App Stuck at Installing in Google Play Store:
If you have a very old smartphone, These fixes may not work as your phone’s hardware is not strong enough. Anyway, Here are the solutions how to fix it.
Method 1: Clear Cache and Stop Play Store and Services
This is the first method you should try. When your phone updating something in background but you don’t know, that time you may experience this issue too. Clearing cache and stopping play store can stop this update and also can fix corrupted cache problem. So, It has a good chance to fix app stuck at installing problem. Here are the instructions –
- First of all, Go to Settings > Apps > All.
- Now, Find Google Play Store. Tap on it and then clear cache by tapping on Clear Cache. Then, Tap on Force Stop. Do same thing for Google Play Services. But, You won’t find force stop button for it.
- Again, Navigate to Settings > Apps > Running.
- Find Google Play Services and tap on it. Then tap on Force stop for all services.
- Now, Open play store and try to install the app again.
I hope, It will fix the problem. If it doesn’t work, Do same thing again except installing app. Then restart your phone and then install app. I hope, This time, You will be able to fix it.
Method 2: Uninstalling Google Play Updates to Fix App Stuck at Installing Issue
Probably, Latest play store version is not fully compatible with your device. That’s why you may be encountering problems while installing app. In that case, I would like to suggest you to uninstall play store updates and then try to install app again. To do it –
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Settings.
- Tap on Play Store and then tap on Uninstall Updates.
- Now, Install your app and this may work.
If you are a rooted phone user, You can uninstall play store and then install the latest play store again.
Method 3: Install App Directly to Phone Memory or Use Another SD Card (Root)
By default, All of your app will be installed on phone memory. But, If you are rooted phone user and changed the installation path to SD card, You may experience many problems. Corrupted SD card is the main reason behind it. So, Try to use another one or install app directly to the phone memory.
Method 4: Freeing Up Android Storage
Sometimes, Low space availability can cause this type of problem. You may see your phone is taking too long time to install an app and suddenly it stopped by showing failure message or low disk space warning. So, I would recommend you to clear unnecessary files from phone memory and move some apps to SD card. Then try.
These are the basic fixes for application stuck at installing in google play problem. There may be other solutions too. If you know any better one, Please share on comment section.