Fix Windows Cannot Be Installed To Disk ProblemSeptember 6, 2018
Most of the computer users prefer windows as their only or primary operating system. Windows is installed on almost 90% of personal computers. So it’s not necessary how popular this is! Its because of Microsoft Windows’s easier graphical interface. Anyway, windows users may face some problems or errors while using this OS or installing it. Today i’ll discuss about an error. It’s an installation error. Its Windows cannot be installed to disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition. When you try to install your windows, you may face this problem. Anyway, lets go.
Cause Of The Selected Disk Has An MBR Partition:
May be there was a previously installed Windows or current windows installation formatted with MBR. Normally your system BIOS is set to EFI/UEFI or boot media DVD/USB is ste to EFI/UEFI mode. And your Hard Disk partition configuration is responsible for this error Windows cannot be installed to disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition. Anyway lets know the solution.
How To Fix Windows cannot be installed to disk Problem. The Selected Disk Has An MBR Partition:
It has some solutions. I’ll give you three most effective solutions for the error Windows cannot be installed to disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition.
Solution 1: Change BIOS Setting
This is the best solution. Just follow the steps.
– Turn of your PC. And now press power button to open your PC.
– When your PC is booting up i mean you see light on your monitor, Press F10/F12 or Del to open BIOS menu.
– Now Go to Boot Devices or Storage>Boot Order>Disable EFI Boot sources. Or Change The Setting
– Save Changes and Exit.
Solution 2: Delete All Data By Command Prompt
This is another good working method. If 1st method doesn’t solve Windows cannot be installed to disk problem, you can try this solution.
– At the installation screen, open command prompt. To open command prompt press SHIFT+F10.
– Type DISKPART and press enter. Than type ‘LIST DISK’, ‘Clean Disk o’, ‘convert gpt’, ‘exit’ one by one and press enter.
– Now try to install Windows. You will be able to install.
Solution 3: Delete Partition
If solution 1 and 2 doesn’t work for you, you can delete your single partition. In case you also need to delete the whole partition.
So if you have any better solutions or question, please inform me or ask me by comment.