Unknown Error 505 on Play Store – How to FixAugust 9, 2018
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Tap on Google Play Store.
- Click on Clear Data & Clear Cache.
- If you face error 505 during updating any app, You can clear cache & data for that app too.
- Just go to settings > apps and tap on play store like before.
- Tap on Uninstall Updates.
- First of all you have to uninstall your problematic app via ADB. (If you are facing the issue during updating the app). To uninstall you have to use the following command & press enter. –
- After uninstalling the app, You can install the app. If you are facing error 505 during installation, You can install app via ADB. To do it, You have to download the apk file in your PC. Suppose, I have download and store the google chrome apk file in download folder. Then i will use the following code to install it.
Widely used android’s official app store is Google Play Store. Most of the users prefer it as trusted source of apps. Sometimes, Users may face many problems like unknown error 505. It is an installation error that you may face during installing app from google play. Kitkat, Lollipop or Marshmallow is not fact. This problem may appear on your phone or tab screen. Though, It is seen frequently on older versions. Knowing how to fix it is important for android users. Because, You may encounter this error 505 anytime.
Error 505 on Android:
I already told that it appears during installing or updating app. I could not find any specific reasons behind this problem. You may become a victim any time. Suppose, You are installing Facebook app on your phone. If you face this error, You will see the message like this one –
“Facebook” can’t be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (Error code: -505)
How to Fix Unknown Error 505:
You may face this problem during installation and updating any or specific apps. If you face it during updating an app, Try to re-install the app. Or follow the methods give below.
Method 1: Clearing Cache & Data
It is first thing to try to fix any android app or play store related errors. To do it –
Method 2: Uninstalling Update
If you experience this unknown error after recent updates of play store, Try to uninstall its updates.
Method 3: Troubleshooting by ADB (Android Debug Bridge)
Method 1 & 2 is basic method. But it is advanced method. I don’t recommend you this one, If you are not experienced or expert. You must have installed ADB on your PC. Learn How to Install & Use ADB. Then you can connect your phone with PC via USB and fix error 505. Here is the steps, You have to follow –
adb uninstall package.name
Note: Your have to replace package.name with your app package name. You will find your apk name from File Manage > Phone Storage > Android > Data. Normally the name format is com.xx.xx. Suppose, I want to remove Uninstall google chrome. So I will use the command –
adb uninstall com.android.chrome
adb install ~/Downloads/com.android.chrome.
You have to replace com.android.chrome with your apk name.
Method 4: Resetting
If you are still facing this error, Then i would i like to suggest you to reset your phone to solve this error. But don’t forget to backup your personal files & data before reset.
These are the methods to fix error 505 on play store. If you know any better idea, You can share with us.