After installing windows 10, Users may face some new problems. But, Users also can encounter update related errors which were common in the earlier versions of windows. Update error code 0x80070057 is among them. However, To fix update error 0x80070057, you can try some troubleshooting tactics which will surely work.
In fact, This is a very old windows update error. Users faced it in windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 etc. Now, Windows 10 users are encountering this problem. The most common reason behind error 0x80070057 is corrupted update components. Normally, This problem appears with following messages:
There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help – (0x80070057)
An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
However, I will describe a few troubleshooting methods which already have helped so many users to fix update error 0x80070057 in Windows 10, 8 and 7. I hope, these will also work for you.
How to Fix Update Error 0x80070057 on Windows 10/8/7:
Any update related problems have some common strategies to get them fixed. But, This error is a bit different. If the common methods don’t help, you will need to take different steps to fix update error 0x80070057. But, You should make sure your time zone, region, time and dates settings are correct. Because Often these things cause issues while updating windows.
1. Update Troubleshooter
As usual, You will need to run update troubleshooter to fix any error that stops windows update. It is like primary treatment for any diseases. However, If you don’t know how to run this troubleshooter, those instructions are for you.
- At first, Press Win + I on the keyboard.
- Then, Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter > Windows Update.
- Follow onscreen instructions.
After doing it, Try to run windows update again and see if it fixes error 0x80070057.
2. Reset Software Distribution and Catroot2 Folder
This a very common tactic to resolve update related errors like 0x80070057. These two folders contain the essential update components. If these components get corrupt, Users may see various error codes while updating windows. So, You will need to reset software distribution folder and Catroo2 folder to get rid the problem you are experiencing.
3. Repair Corrupted System Files
Corrupted system files are often responsible for various problems in windows. So, You should fix corrupted files to get rid of these problems. It is also helpful to fix windows update error 0x80070057.
4. Tweak Registry
If you still get that error, You have another cool working method to try. You can simply modify the registry. To do it, follow these steps.
- First of all, Backup your registry.
- At first, Open RUN by pressing on Win + R.
- Then, Type regedit and hit enter.
- Now, Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates
- After that, Right click and choose New > DWORD32 and give it a name as CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo and set its value as 1.
- Then, Restart your computer and try to update windows. It should fix update error 0x80070057.
However, If it doesn’t work, you may have to do additional things to the registry. To do it, follow the steps given below.
- At first, Open Notepad and paste the following script.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Then, Save it as wufix.reg.
- Now, Run wufix.reg and approve if windows ask for any permission.
- After doing it, Restart your computer.
I hope, after doing it you won’t encounter the problem again.
5. Clean Boot
You should perform clean boot. It will help if any third-party apps or services cause windows update error 0x80070057.
6. Reset Windows:
Resetting windows is your last method to fix this error. However, I recommend you to turn off windows firewall to see if it fixes update error 0x80070057. before resetting windows.
These are the most working tactics to resolve this problem. I’ll update with more updated information if I get.