Fix “Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed”October 23, 2018
- If you were trying to uninstall, repair, change or modify any programs, Wait until that task is being finished.
- In case, You are still facing the problem after waiting for a long time, Restart your computer.
- First of all, Open Start Menu.
- Now, Type msiexec /unreg and hit enter.
- Again, You have to open start menu.
- Then, Type msiexec /regserver and hit enter.
- Open windows task manager. You can right click on taskbar and choose task manager.
- Then, End Windows Explorer from process tab and stop msiserver (windows installer) from services.
- In task manager, Navigate to File > Run new task.
- Type explorer and hit enter.
- Now, Try to install or uninstall your desired program and see, if it fixes your problem.
We often face problems while doing general tasks in windows computers. During uninstalling any programs from Programs & Features, We often see a message in popup window. The message is like “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed“. This is not a serious issue until you face it repeatedly. After uninstalling a program, You may try to uninstall another one. In that time, You may see this type of messages. Same thing can happen when you try to install a program. But, You may see a bit different message. Those problems occur when windows installer is busy or being used in another activity. In this cases, Waiting is the best solutions. If windows still shows similar warning, You can restart your PC. But, It may not resolve the actual problem. Because, It may cause any windows installer task unfinished.
How to Fix Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed:
By default, Windows installer do a single installation or uninstallation task at once. Most programs use it to be installed in windows operating systems. So, You may often face please wait until the current program is finished type messages. So, You should do following things in order to get rid of this problem:
But, If it keeps showing it even after restarting, You can do these things.
1. Re-Register Windows Installer:
This is one of the most working solution to fix please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling problem. You can unregister windows installer and register it again. It should solve common windows installer related problems. Here are the instructions.
Now, Try to install or uninstall your desired program. This time, You should not face any more problems.
2. Stop Windows Installer and Restart Windows Explorer:
If you are still encountering please until the current program is being installed issue, You can do following things.
Note: You also can use net stop msiserver or net start msiserver commands in command prompt to stop or start windows installer.
3. Run Troubleshooter to Fix Wait Until Current Program is Being Installed:
There is a troubleshooter from microsoft that can fix common installation or uninstallation problem. You can download it from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed and run it in your PC. Follow onscreen instructions. Hopefully, It will help you to fix your problem.
4. Uninstall in Safe Mode:
For some users, It may fix please wait until current program is being installed problem. You can simply boot into safe mode and try to uninstall the desired problems. Hopefully, You won’t encounter the problem again.
5. Fix Registry:
Sometimes, Registry issues can create this problem. In that case, You can use any popular registry fixer to resolve your problem. I hope that this will help.
6. Use Third-Party Uninstaller:
If none of these methods work, You can consider using a third-party uninstaller program like revo uninstaller. It helps to uninstall any software more conveniently.
You also can consider resetting your PC, If you keep facing “Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed”. If you know any better solution, You can share it in comment box.