How to Fix Windows Update Error 800B0001August 18, 2018
- Insert it on your PC. After 2/3 seconds, A setup window will be appeared. If it doesn’t appear automatically, Just go to that pendrive or DVD and double click on Setup.EXE.
- Now click on Install Now.
- Click on Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation (recommended).
- You may be asked for windows product key. You have to put your windows product key that you got when you purchased.
- Now, In Which kind of installation do you want? window, Choose Upgrade.
- Complete the installation. It may take some times to be done.
- After installation process, Check for new updates and install. You won’t face error 800B0001 again.
- At first, You have to download an additional update KB2734608.
- Install this 30 MB size update on your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Now try to update your Windows and see update error 800B0001 has been solved.
- Press Windows Logo Key + R from keyboard to open RUN.
- Now type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Now double click on Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
- Now click on Enable and mark it.
- Also check Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Click on Apply & OK.
- Restart your PC.
- Now, Try to update your PC and probably you won’t encounter error 800B0001 again.
“Windows could not search for new updates” – a common incident for the windows users. Look carefully, There is an error code also. It may be 800B0001. Actually, You also may see another code. However, This can be a serious problem sometimes. Windows 10, 8 or 7 users may face it any time. It prevents you to update your windows. So, You should know the ways to get rid of it.
Why Do you Face Windows Update Error 800B0001:
It may have many reasons. But most of the time when windows can’t determine cryptographic service provider, You may face this update error. Again, If any file is corrupted that is required to update windows, You may face this problem.
How to Fix Error 800B0001 during Windows Update:
Actually, There are several methods to repair this error. But, I’ve picked the most common methods. Now, I’ll share these with you.
Method 1: Using System Update Readiness tool
This is the first method. If you are a windows 7 user, It may help you more. This tool can repair any update errors. At first, You have to go to System Update Readiness tool webpage. From there, You have to download this tool according to your windows version. Then install it on your PC. After doing it, Try to update your PC and see error 800B0001 has gone.
Method 2: Repairing Corrupted System Files (SFC Scan)
Another most popular method is it. Actually, You won’t get benefit from method 1, If you are running windows 10 or 8. So, This method is for you as well as for users. It can fix any update related error. To know how to do it, Read: Fix Corrupted System Files.
Method 3: Repairing Error 800B0001 by Windows Installation Media
This is another common way to solve this update error. You will need a windows installation media. It can be a DVD or pendrive. Anyway, Follow these instructions –
Method 4: Downloading Update KB2734608
If you are running windows 8 or server 2012, You can follow this method. It may be used in windows 10 too. But i did not hear that anyone used this method on 10. So, I can’t recommend 100% for 10 users. Anyway, Here are processes –
Method 5: Run gpedit
If first 4 methods fail to repair this issue, You can follow it. These are the instructions –
Alternative Method to Fix Windows Update Error 800B0001:
I have not tested this method yet. So, I put it on alternative. If you want, You can try it. You will just need to run some commands on command prompt. Don’t forget to open command prompt as Administrator. So, At first run these commands –
net stop wuauserv rd /s %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution net start wuauserv cd %SystemRoot%\system32 net stop cryptsvc rename catroot2 catroot2.old net start cryptsvc
Don’t forget to hit Enter for each lines. Now, Run this command –
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
I hope, It may fix the problem.
These are the most common and working method to fix windows update error 800B0001. If you know any better methods, You can share with us.