Today, I’ve come with a different problem and a different solution. This is a WordPress problem caused by cache plugin. Many WordPress site admin faced this problem. But most of them couldn’t find any proper solution. When you installed a cache plugin such as WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache or WP Fastest Cache etc., you may experience your site is faster than before. But after a few minutes or few hours, you will discover a blank screen instead of your webpage. All of your visitors will see that blank screen of death. No one find any content in your website.
Why This Blank Screen Problem:
It’s so easy to know that this white screen problem is caused by your recently installed cache plugin. But do you know why your cache plugin causes this problem? Try to remember you had a cache plugin installed in your WordPress site which was not uninstalled properly. Or there is something wrong with your hosting server.
Fix WordPress Blank Screen Problem Caused By Cache Plugin:
You can follow any of the methods below to fix blank screen problem.
If there was a cache plugin which was not uninstalled properly, you can follow this method. Because uninstalled old cache plugin may cause wordpress blank screen problem. Anyway, follow the steps below.
– First of all go to public_html.
– Now right click on wp-config.php and select Edit.
– Now find a code like define( ‘WPCACHEHOME’, ‘/home/your cpanel username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/Old Cache Plugin Name/’ ); //Added by Old Cache Plugin Name.
For example, see this code:
define('WP_CACHE', true); //Added by WP-Cache Manager
define( 'WPCACHEHOME', '/home/xtremerainhost/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/' ); //Added by WP-Cache Manager
– If you see that there is a code like above included your old cache plugin name, delete that line from your wp-config.php
– Now save it.
– Then visit your website and see wordpress blank screen problem is fixed.
Some times first method doesn’t solve blank screen problem in wordpress site. You can try this method, if first method isn’t suitable for you.
– Go to your public_html folder from cPanel.
– Now open WP-Content Folder
– Now open cache folder and delete everything from it.
– Then go to public_html>WP-Content>Plugins
– Find your cache plugin folder name.
– Delete it.
– Now visit your site and see everything is OK. Your blank screen problem has gone.
Note: Before doing any thing in cPanel, try to have a back up copy of your site.