Some symptoms of damaged hair are harsh and brittle texture, breakage with split ends, and lack of elasticity with the itchy scalp. The damaged hair causes include too much use of harsh shampoos, UV rays, tools like excessively styling or blow dryers, chemical treatments, cotton pillow or stress, etc. Trimming is the most common ways to remove damaged hair. However, this method will not alleviate damaged hair to root. To deal with damaged hair, there are many natural methods which can get similar impact but it requires effort and patience as well.
Ways to Get Ride of Damaged Hair Fast with Natural Remedies:
Here are some methods to get rid of damaged hair fast at home.
We all know that spinach is a food that is good for the body for a lot of reasons. It contains iron and folate. Folate is one type of vitamin B and aids in creating the red blood cells. Iron helps to carry the oxygen by your red blood cells. If your body does not have iron, it can cause anemia. The cells cannot get adequate oxygen to properly function. This results in hair loss, damaged hair, weakness. To get rid of damaged hair, you should take one diet rich in spinach. You can make a paste with spinach and then apply to the damaged hair. After an hour, rinse it off by using warm water.
The damaged hair can make the hair loose the nutrients and moisture. Luckily, due to the protein, fatty acids, and minerals, egg yolk can help provide them back. In addition, it also provides smoothness and shine to your hair. Moreover, the egg yolk can keep the infection at bay. According to the author of “Ayurvedic Beauty Care”, Melanie A. S., the use of egg yolks is advantageous in repairing damaged hair. How to get rid of damaged hair with egg yolk?
- The first step is to whisk an egg yolk finely and next massage it on your hair and scalp
- Keep it for half an hour and then rinse by using normal water as well as mild shampoo.
- Alternatively, you can mix the egg yolk with yogurt. Then, apply this mixture to the hair and scalp and keep it for twenty minutes. Finally, wash it by using water and herbal shampoo or soap.
As we know, protein is essential for cell growth, consisting of hair cells. There are multiple foods that contain protein. Lentil is one of such foods. Lentils are also a great source of iron. The protein that helps to grow your hair is Keratin. The hair becomes weaker and grows more slowly without keratin. The body absorbs the iron present in lentils and vegetables slowly. Whereas, the body absorbs the iron present in animal products such as beef, pork, fish, and chicken fast. It is advised to take vitamin C rich diet as vitamin C helps to absorb and digest the vegetable iron.
4. Olive Oil
Apart from health benefits of olive oil, it also helps in locking the moisture of hair. In addition, it provides the shine, smoothness, and nutrients back. Moreover, vitamin E, fatty acids found in olive oil, can heal your hair by providing moisture. Here are easy steps to use olive oil for removing damaged hair:
- First of all, you heat olive oil lightly. Next apply it to your scalp as well as hair roots.
- Massage regularly for fifteen minutes. Keep it for at least 1 hour or for the entire night.
- The next morning, wash it by using shampoo.
- Or, you can make a fine paste by mixing mix olive oil with honey. Next warm this paste and then apply it to the hair. Allow it for around 15 to 20 minutes and after this rinse it off with warm water plus shampoo.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is great for damaged hair due to it rich nutrients. It goes deep into your hair shaft easily, thus preventing the cuticle from getting damaged and making the hair become healthier.
- Massage warm coconut oil on your scalp, head daily, or at least five times per week. Massaging in such a manner will assist the oil to go deep into your hair roots. Wash with smooth shampoo after one hour.
- Alternatively, you can mix about 3-4 tbsp warm coconut oil with 1 tsp honey. Then, apply on your hair. You should apply at night for best results.
6. Bell Peppers
Using bell peppers is also one of the best ways to get rid of damaged hair. They are a powerful source of vitamin C. Green, red and yellow bell peppers are easily found in the market. Particularly, collagen is formed by the vitamin C that helps the body to keep everything together. The lack of vitamin C leads to rough, dry hair. The blood vessels and hair follicles need collagen to stay healthy for common growth. All you need to do is add bell peppers to your diet.
7. Sweet Potatoes
We all know that sweet potatoes are good for the digestive system. They are very rich in vitamin A that is necessary for cell growth as well as hair. The lack of vitamin A can cause dry skin, lifeless and dull hair. Taking excessive medicinal vitamin A supplements can cause hair loss. It is recommended to take natural products rich in vitamin A like carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, and pumpkin in your meal.
8. Apple Vinegar
Apple vinegar is one of the best natural remedies for any type of hair. It contains properties of curing damaged hair. In addition, it manages the pH of the scalp which kills the damaged hair. Moreover, it helps in alleviating damaged hair.
- The first step is to take one warm glass of water and next mix 2 tbsp apple vinegar and then take it every day.
- Alternatively, you can make a toner by mixing it with water and then before going to sleep, spray on the hair every night.
Honey nourishes for damaged hair. Honey can help in locking moisture into the hair cuticles and thus, making them healthy and soft.
- To thin honey out, you should mix organic raw honey (1/4 cup) with enough amount of water. Apply this mixture to damp hair and let it stay for half an hour. After this, rinse it out by using warm water. For effective results, you should repeat this treatment two times a week.
- You can also prepare a hair mask by mixing 1 tbsp plain yogurt, 2 tbsp honey, and 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil. Next mix well and then bring it to a warm. Now apply it on the hair and put on one shower cap. After 20 minutes rinse it off. It is suggested to apply this hair mask once per week only.
One of the best ways to get rid of damaged hair is eating seafood. Seafood is a powerful source of mineral zinc. Mineral zinc assists with tissue repair and growth. In addition, it maintains the oil glands of the hair scalps to properly work. A deficiency of mineral zinc in your body can lead to hair loss, rough hair, and slow growth conditions. To keep the hair gorgeous and damage free, you should add some seafood such as crabs, liver, oysters, fish, and prawns.
Using hibiscus is one excellent Ayurvedic treatment to get rid of damaged hair and promote hair growth. Hibiscus seals your hair cuticles with moisture. It also helps add luster and shine to dry, damaged hair.
- The first step is to take about 8 to 10 flowers of hibiscus and then heat them in one cup of coconut oil till charred.
- Then, strain and leave it to cool. After this, use it as hair oil. Massage on your hair for some minutes with this oil and keep it on for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to washing your hair.
- Another option is to grind 3 to 4 leaves of hibiscus and the petals of two hibiscus flower with some water. Then, apply it all over the hair. Lastly, rinse it off using lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- It is recommended to follow either of these remedies about once or twice per week for best results.
Apart from these remedies, you also should include a proper diet, regular exercise, and good sleep for improving overall health and your healthy hair. Using any of the above-mentioned home natural remedies can help you bring that sheen back to the hair. However, it is advised to consult your doctor if the extreme hair loss and excessive dryness occur.
To know more about medicinal plants, their usages and benefits, You also can read: http://natural-herbal-remedies.net/medicinal-plants-and-their-uses/