HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED – How to FixSeptember 22, 2018
- Old, corrupted or incorrectly configured drivers.
- Malware infection.
- Damaged system files.
- Corrupted hard disk.
- Corrupted memory (RAM).
- Driver conflict.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator. If you are windows 7 user, Just right click on command prompt and select Run as administrator. Windows 10 and 8 users – Press Windows Key + X from keboard and select command prompt (admin).
- Now, Type the following command and press Enter.
- To verify that the command prompt set useplatformclock to true, Run the following command.
- If you see useplatformclock Yes in command prompt, You can be sure the process has been done.
- Now restart your PC and see hal initialization failed has gone away.
- Press Windows Flag Key + X from keyboard.
- Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type chkdsk /f and press Enter.
- It may start checking your hard disk. It also may require restart. Then you may need to press Y and enter.
- Now restart your PC.
HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED is a windows blue screen error. I’ve discussed about some other blue screen errors before. Dpc Watchdog Violation, Page Fault In Nonpaged Area & Driver Power State Failure are some of them. This one is similar problem. It appears with blue screen and automatically restarts your PC. It may become worst and trouble you frequently even repeatedly. This BSOD can damage your system. You are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and earlier windows 7 even XP, It is not matter. You may face this error anytime. But, This has been a common blue screen error for windows 10 users. Not only with this error name, It also comes with following error codes: 0x5C, 0x0000005C etc.
Windows 10 /8 Hal Initialization Failed:
Recently, Many windows 10 users reported about error HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. This problem occurred on those PCs which are a bit older. That means, Who have installed windows 10 in older PC, They are the main victim.
It is also a common blue screen error for windows 8 and 8.1 users. After opening a specific program, Windows users may face this error.
This BSOD has several reasons. It can be caused by following things.
How to Fix HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED:
There are several ways to fix hal initialization failed problem. Now, I’ll discuss theme step by step.
Note: Some users may not access windows properly because of this error. In that case, I like you to try these steps in safe mode. Read: Ways to Boot into Safe Mode. If you can’t wait for the best method to fix hal initialization failed, Follow method 8 directly.
1. Set useplatformclock to True
This is the first method. Many users are facing this problem during returning from sleep stage. In that case, This method works perfectly. Here are the instructions –
bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
2. Repair Registry Entries To Fix HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
This is the first method you can follow. Corrupted registry associated with error 0x5C should be repaired. You can use CCleaner, Registry Cleaner app to repair it.
3. Clean Out Junk Files to Fix Hal Initialization Failed:
It is always recommended to clean junk files from PC. You can use built in Disk cleaner to clean up your system junk files. Else you can use CCleaner.
4. Update PC and PC Drivers:
Update your PC drivers and install all available updates. If you use virtual box or these types of software, Make sure you are using the latest version.
5. Perform Clean Boot:
It is another method to get rid of HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. If you see in clean boot stage, Your PC is performing well without any BSOD, You should be sure their is something wrong a third-party services. Here is how you can boot into clean boot stage.
6. Restore System:
A simple system restore can solve error “HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED”. If you don’t know how to do it, Read this article: Do System Restore in Windows
7. Check Hard Disk Corruption:
To check it –
8. Analyze Minidump File to Resolve Hal Initialization Failed:
If first 7 common methods don’t help you, You can create small minidump file and then analyze it to find out problematic drivers which are causing this error. Then, Fix these drivers problem. It will solve all problems. Here are details: Analyze Small Minidump to Fix BSOD
9. Reset or Perform Clean Windows Installation:
If all of the methods failed to solve error HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED, You may need to follow this method. You can reset your PC or perform clean windows installation.
I’ll update this article with more solutions soon. Stay with me. You also can find solutions for HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED in MS support forum.