Sometimes you may need to create new partition in your PC. That means you need to add a new local disk in your PC. Its not so hard. May be it is uncommon, but very easy. And today i’ll tell you how to create a new partition in windows PC.
How to Create a New Partition:
To create a new partition, you need to follow some steps. Lets know the steps to create a new partition in windows PC.
1. At first you have to go to Control Panel > System and Security.
2. Now look at the Administrative Tools section. You will find Create and format hard disk partitions. Click on Create and format hard disk partitions. Then Disk management windows will be opened.
Or you can click on Administrative Tools. Then click on Computer management. Now you will see a new window. On the left side you will see an option Disk management. Click on that.
3. Now you will see all information including status, capacity, usage, free space etc. You will also see a graphical statistics of your local drives (Hard disk partitions like local disk C, D E etc.).
4. Right on a partition which has more disk spaces. Now click on shrink volume.
5. Now enter the amount of space to shrink in MB and click on shrink. Obviously it should be less than your current drive’s disk space.
6. When shrink is completed, you will see a new unallocated space.
7. Now right click on that unallocated space and select New simple volume.
8. Now give all necessary data and create your new partition in your PC.
If you don’t like to create new partition in your current hard disk drive, you can add a new hard drive. Almost all notebooks and laptops do not have any space for a new internal hard drive. But in desktop you can add more than one internal hard drive.
You can know about it from Microsoft Windows Website.