How to Fix Error 1406 ProperlySeptember 19, 2018
- Press Windows Flag Key + R from keyboard.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software.
- Right click on Software and select Permissions.
- Now click on Add.
- Then type Everyone in the box and click on OK.
- Now Select Everyone under the Group or user names.
- In permissions, Allow Full control by checking on Allow.
- Now try to locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Setup.
- If you see InstanceComponentSet#, Delete it.
- Press Windows Flag + R from keyboard.
- Type msiexec /unregserver and press Enter.
- Again open RUN and type msiexec /regserver. Then press enter.
Error 1406 is a common error for windows users. During installing any applications, You may face error 1406. Specially, During installing Bluestacks, MS Office etc., You may face error 1406. It has many solutions. In this article, You will know the most common methods to fix error 1406.
How to Fix Installation Error 1406:
This error is seen frequently during installing Bluestacks. So i’m describing the solutions specially for bluestacks users. Let’s follow the methods-
Method 1: Modifying Registry
This method works good. But you should be careful. If you are not familiar with registry editing, I won’t recommend you to do it. Anyway, See what you need to do-
Warning: Backup before doing this method.
Method 2: Re-Registering Windows Installer
In this method of fixing error 1406, You will need to unregister and register microsoft windows installer. To do it-
If don’t work. Try topen Command Prompt as Administrator and type these commands and press enter for each commands.
Method 3: Installing in Safe Mode
If all of the previous methods failed to solve error 1406, You can try to install Bluestacks or other softwares in safe mode. If you are in windows 7 or any other older version of windows, You can boot into safe mode very easily. To boot into safe mode restart your PC and press F8 repeatedly. Then you will see some advanced options in black screen. Select Safe Mode by arrow button of keyboard and press enter.
If you are in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or any other newer version of Windows, You need to boot into safe mode by following different method. These two articles will help you to know how to boot into safe mode. One is Enable Legacy Advanced Boot Menu and another one is Boot Into Safe Mode in Windows 10.
I hope all of these methods will help you to fix error 1406 during installing Bluestacks, MS Office or any other applications.
You can search on Google for extra solutions of error 1406.