In Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7, you may face this windows update error 8024402F. It’s a common windows update error. In fact, sometimes this error 8024402F may be fixed automatically after a certain period. But sometimes, this error becomes a nightmare. Then it creates totally a frustration situation for you and your windows operating system. Obviously, you won’t expect this nightmare after knowing about this error.
Windows Update Error 8024402F:
When you start for checking new updates for your windows PC, after a certain period you may explore that your update process has been stopped by giving you an error message of Windows update error 8024402F. You may start your update again. But it will shows the error 8924402F continuously. That time what you will do? If you know the solution, you can fix this error. By the way, now you will know the solution and reasons of windows update error 8024402F.
Why Windows Update Error 8024402F:
It’s better to know why you are facing windows update error 8024402F.
Reasons of windows update error 8024402F –
- Slower Internet Connection
- Problem between windows update server and your PC connection.
- Firewalls or any other software
- Incorrect time format and region setting
Fix Windows Update Error 8024402F:
Now you will know the actual methods to fix this error 802442F.
- Go to Control Panel>System And Security>Windows Update.
- Now click on Change Setting.
- Now select Never Check For Updates.
- Now uncheck Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates & Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
- Now check for updates manually and hopefully you won’t face this error 8024402F.
- After updating your windows successfully, keep your update setting as before.
- Go to Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region
- Click on Date and Time
- Now you will see a new window. There you will an option Change Time Zone. Click on that.
- Select the correct time zone for you and click OK.
- Again go to Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region
- Click on Region.
- Now you will see a new window. There you will see a tab named location. Click on that.
- Now select your actual location and click on OK.
- Now restart your PC and try to update your PC again and see you haven’t face any update error like 8024402F.
I hope these two methods will work fore fixing your windows update error 8024402F. If you face any issue, let us know by comment.