Outlook is a very popular premium desktop email clients. It is included in office 365 subscriptions. Peoples love it for its extra ordinary features and user-friendliness. But it has an extremely awesome benefit. It is, You can easily import your existing emails to your new email address even if you change your mail hosting provider. There is option to export your existing emails to a .pst file which can be imported later.
How Outlook’s Import / Export Feature Can Help You:
Well! Sometimes, You may consider a new email hosting provider. But you are afraid if you lose your existing important emails. Again, You may have a office 365 subscription from Godaddy. You may want to consider to get it from Microsoft directly. Because, You want to save a few dollars. In that case, Outlook import and export feature can help you. Else, You may discover many other benefits of this feature.
How to Import / Export Existing Emails by Using Outlook Desktop App:
It is very easy to export and import any emails. In this tutorial, You will see how to do it in outlook 2016. But it is almost similar to 2010 version. Anyway, Here are the instructions you have to follow.
Export Existing Emails to .PST Format:
.PST is the best format to export your emails. It is also secured. You can protect it by your own password. Anyway, Here are the things to do –
- First of all, Go to File > Open & Export.
- Now, Click on Import / Export.
- Then choose Export to a file.
- Now, Choose Outlook Data File (.pst).
- After doing it, Follow the on screen instructions. You will have to choose which emails you are going to export like inbox, sent items etc.
- Now, Save it to your favorite location. You may need to put a password to make sure no unauthorized person have access to exported file.
Import Emails to Outlook Desktop App:
If you have followed above instructions or already have the exported .pst or any supported format file, You can import it very easily. These are the things to do –
- In your Outlook app, Navigate to File > Open & Export > Import / Export.
- Then, Choose Import from another program or file.
- After that, You will need to choose the .pst file and click on import. Outlook will do rest of the things.
It is really amazing that it syncs all of your imported emails. So, These emails can be found from any devices from any where rather than only the PC or Mac where Outlook is installed.
I believe it is very helpful for the peoples who is changing is email or email hosting. I hope, This article will help you.