Mozilla Firefox is one of the best internet browsers. It’s so popular around the world. It’s dominating the internet browser market for last few years. It always stands among the top 3 browsers. But sometimes it may disappoint you. Because sometimes it really perform as worst as you can’t imagine. But don’t be hopeless. There is a solution to speed up Mozilla Firefox. Today i’ll tell you how to make Firefox faster. Let’s see the processes to make Mozilla Firefox faster.
How To Make Mozilla Firefox Faster:
It’s not a difficult process for you and everyone. But it’s different. By the way, let’s see the steps to speed up Mozilla Firefox.
1. Enable HTTP Cache:
Enabling HTTP cache reduce browsers crashes and page load time. As a result you can experience a speedy web browsing. Anyway, lets know how to enable HTTP Cache to Make Firefox faster.
– Go to about:config from your Mozilla Firefox. (Type about:config in address bar and press Enter)
– Find browser.cache.use_new_backend and double click on it.
– Now change the value 0 to 1.
2. Refresh Mozilla Firefox:
Refreshing Firefox can give you speedy and smooth web browsing experience. And it really an amazing feature of Mozilla Firefox. It will keep your passwords, browsing history, bookmarks, auto-fill info and cookies. Else it will reset everything. So you shouldn’t be worried. To do this
– Type about:config in address bar and press enter.
– Now you will see a option Refresh Firefox. Click on it.
Its a awesome feature. It works really great.
3. Enable Safe Mood:
Enabling safe mood is also a great feature. It will disable themes and extensions. If you find that after enabling safe mood, you are getting a super fast browsing, you should understand that any of your extensions or themes causes the slow performance problem. To enable safe mood
– Click on Menu Icon and then click on help icon.
– Now select Restart with Add-ons Disabled
– After restarting you will be asked for safe mood or refresh Firefox. Select safe mood and enjoy super fast browsing in safe mood.
Its better to disable all Add-ons. Then enable one by one to understand which Add-on / extension is causing the problem.
4. Reduce Memory Usage:
Reducing memory usage can help Firefox to perform better. To do this
– Go to about:memory
– Now click on minimize memory usage
5. Clearing Cache also Helps to Speed Up Firefox:
Its a common trick to make Firefox faster. Not only Mozilla Firefox. It works great for any web browsers. To do this
– Click on Firefox menu icon.
– Now click on Options.
– Now go to Advance and click on Network tab. Then clear your cache.
6. Firefox Pipelining
It is another different method to make Firefox faster. To do this
– Go to about:config
– Type network.http.pipe in search box
– You will see some settings. But you need to change some of them.
– Look at the image above. You have to change these setting. You need to change the setting to
network.http.pipelining – true
network.http.pipelining.aggressive – true
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests – 8
network.http.pipelining.ssl – true
9. Optional Setting:
You can also find some setting and make sure they are like setting given below
network.dns.disableIPv6 – true
browser.tabs.animate – false
browser.display.show_image_placeholders – false
If you follow the steps given above, You can make Firefox faster.