Most of the windows users are familiar with a word ‘Clean Boot‘. May be, Many users don’t know how to do it and what is it. When you open your PC, It also load some third-party startup items and services. But in clean boot state, Windows doesn’t load any thirdparty programs and services during startup. People prefer it to troubleshoot many windows problems specially BSOD.
When You Need Clean Boot:
If you face any advanced windows problems repeatedly, You may require to perform a clean boot. If any of third party programs or services is responsible for that problem, It will fix the problem or help you to find out the problematic program or service. Normally, We do it when we face blue screen of death errors.
How to Do Clean Boot:
You already know that a clean boot can help you a lot. Now, It’s time to know how to do it on your PC. It is not complex. Anyone can do it easily. I”ll show you the steps to do it. It will work on any versions of windows including windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 etc.
Here are the steps –
Step 1: Opening System Configuration Window
- Press Windows Flag Key + R to open RUN.
- Now, Type msconfig and press Enter. It will open your System Configuration window.
Step 2: Selective Startup
- By default, You will be in General tab. There you will see Selective Startup. From it, Uncheck Startup Items. Make sure that load System services and Use original boot configuration are checked.
Step 3: Disabling Third-Party Services
- Now click on Services tab.
- From there, Mark Hide all microsoft services. You will find it at the bottom of that window.
- Now click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Then restart your computer.
It will keep your PC in clean boot state. It should fix your problem. But if you still think there is something wrong, You can uncheck Load system services and click on Apply & OK. Then restart your PC.
To return on normal boot, Just undo the changes you have done and restart your PC.